i36WhKm3HEGfo.jpg

Title: PAYDAY 2
Genre: First-person shooter
Developer: OVERKILL - a Starbreeze Studio. 
Publisher: 505 Games
Release Date: Aug 13, 2013
Languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish

PAYDAY 2 is an action-packed, four-player co-op shooter that once again lets gamers don the masks of the original PAYDAY crew - Dallas, Hoxton, Wolf and Chains - as they descend on Washington DC for an epic crime spree. 

The new CRIMENET network offers a huge range of dynamic contracts, and players are free to choose anything from small-time convenience store hits or kidnappings, to big league cyber-crime or emptying out major bank vaults for that epic PAYDAY. While in DC, why not participate in the local community, and run a few political errands? 

Up to four friends co-operate on the hits, and as the crew progresses the jobs become bigger, better and more rewarding. Along with earning more money and becoming a legendary criminal comes a new character customization and crafting system that lets crews build and customize their own guns and gear.

ss_c07364cfd015810a533f5d610a3d8886453fe

ss_b03b1500ae7365f6e66fff5e756d72c8b0e7f

ss_c332598244600f2e8d722808c955f5ccf361d

ss_0d703a42478e42857e601b595b01058f133d0

Anybody besides me looked forward to PAYDAY 2? There's 40,000 people online today and it seems to be doing quite well for a PC game on release day.

I've played a few hours so far - and it's WAY better than the first game. And I plunked 100's of hours into that one. So, yeah. And they were up to 60,000 players a short time ago, good for them I say.

Wow those graphics in that video where amazing!

I take it you are being sarcastic, right? :D

If you are, hey it's the Source engine. I think they made it look damn good for how old the engine is etc.

If you are not, yeah the game looks pretty decent. Not Unreal Engine 4, or CryEngine good, but good.

Running into an issue going beyond level 40. It takes almost FOREVER to get skill points after that. In the end, I ended up using respec and giving up my Mastermind's ability for the high tier Technicians shape charge. I was originally doing a combination of both. It may take a little while before I can reassign my recycled points. Will probably put them back into Mastermind.

Here's a nice. Ideo review for those of you interested in the game. Describes and shows gameplay as well.

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/bb2zvf/payday-2-review