Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' Begins Production

It would be nice if this movie could do for NASA what Top Gun did for the Navy: Give it a massive publicity boost, with the feel-good effect rubbing off on to politicians who then vote for budget increases. 

...dreams are free, after all

This movie looks great. In the tone of Contact or something. I can't wait!

Yeah and McConaughey was great in Contact too. I really love him as an actor. Was flipping channels last night and The Lincoln Lawyer was on, so good!

I have faith in this movie but I wish I didn't see the trailers and think, "This looks boring" :(

I actually felt the same when I watched the first trailer released :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not impressed with the trailer. If i didn't read the synopsis first I wouldn't know what the film was about..

Really looking forward to this. Has there been any sign of any of the Hans Zimmer score? I loved the music in the last trailer but found out subsequently it wasn't his music!

Saw a new trailer for this tonight, whilst seeing Ghost in the Shell at a local cinema... looked brilliant again, though doesn't seem to be online anywhere yet..? 

Saw a new trailer for this tonight, whilst seeing Ghost in the Shell at a local cinema... looked brilliant again, though doesn't seem to be online anywhere yet..? 

You have a theater near you that was playing Ghost in the Shell? /JEALOUS

I saw a new trailer for the movie the other day. It looks great, but it seems to have way more action than I was expecting. I was thinking it was going to be more cerebral, sort of like Contact. Still can't wait to see it, either way.

Yeah - it's a local cinema that shows all kinds of stuff. Current movies, classic movies. Have to admit (and I'm rather ashamed to say this) I've never seen Ghost in the Shell before now so was great to see it right on the big screen. 

Anyway - this is the new trailer.

Annoyingly another great tune, that's not the Hans Zimmer score. 

Might even try and get myself over to see it on opening night. Really looking forward to it. 

• 4 weeks later...

what a disappointing movie - oh my

I just came back from viewing it, excellent movie!

I won't spoil anything, but "Tars"is awesome :)

tars is so awesome - why bother sending humans in space. he made the whol cast obsolete. tars was fun, but sometimes made the secenes too comical.

what a disappointing movie - oh my

tars is so awesome - why bother sending humans in space. he made the whol cast obsolete. tars was fun, but sometimes made the secenes too comical.

The guy on the frozen planet explains why they don't just let machines do everything. I think he had a good point even though he was batshit crazy.