'Jaws' is getting rebooted?

c?13939021=E87jYkrVHTCswM5Xd9T4oeJ_0Pg&f

In what is surely the most ridiculous news story of the day, it's being reported that the "success" of Sharknado and Discover Channel's record-breaking 'Shark Week' ratings has convinced Universal Pictures to give the green light to a reboot of Steven Spielberg's seminal 1975 blockbuster Jaws.

Now, before you all set off for Hollywood with your pitch forks, it should be noted that the source of this rumour is a posting on the film production website Mandy (discovered via Blooding Disgusting), where Universal is apparently looking to recruit crew for a five month period from January 2015: "We are seeking all crew positions for the upcoming Jaws reboot. We will need to build sets quite early therefore we will be hiring partially prior to the official pre-production."

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/08/jaws-getting-reboot-treatment-say-its.html

OMG! I really don't see a point in rebooting this! Jaws is one of those classic films that was done so well back in the 70's.

I can see this being a CGI fest!!

• Like 7

OMG! I really don't see a point in rebooting this! Jaws is one of those classic films that was done so well back in the 70's.

I can see this being a CGI fest!!

So? Sharknado proved that CGI sharks look like the real thing.....

;p

So? Sharknado proved that CGI sharks look like the real thing.....

;p

I hope you are joking or can be slapped by a shark lol :p

I wouldn't say that was a proper reboot but can see people going to say about Deep Blue Sea, i actually thought that was a good film.

• Like 1

The lack of Hollywood's originality and creativeness is being shown through things like this. A classic series such as Jaws doesn't need a reboot, what's next, an E.T. reboot? :wacko:

• Like 2

The lack of Hollywood's originality and creativeness is being shown through things like this. A classic series such as Jaws doesn't need a reboot, what's next, an E.T. reboot? :wacko:

Hey, when the sequel was already made so you can't milk that cow anymore, what's next, A REMAKE!!!!!!

Yeah where does it stop ?

Lawrence of Arabia reboot?

Taxi Driver reboot?

Godfather reboot?

Rocky reboot? wait ... dammit they already did that one :angry:

Yeah where does it stop ?

Lawrence of Arabia reboot?

Taxi Driver reboot?

Godfather reboot?

Rocky reboot? wait ... dammit they already did that one :angry:

When did they reboot rocky?

Jawsnado.

That would be hard to do.

You would need to create an artificial tornado, put dozen of robot sharks inside it and hope that everything work according to the plan.

while we are at it, let's just reboot Stanley Kubrick also... how about some 2031: A Space Odyssey  or A Clockwork Orange set in the 2010's?..... these reboots are just starting to prove they don't want new ideas and want to keep redoing old classics

We need a reboot for the reboot :p

Back to the future (2084) : The ultimate reboot of the 2036 reboot. Coming to a theater near you September 24th, 2084 in Ultra super duper AVX.

So sad i'm gonna be dead and wont be able to witness this classic.