Man Dies After Fall From Turner Field

ATLANTA -- An Atlanta Braves fan who fell to his death at the team's stadium told his mother in a phone call shortly before the accident that he was preparing to head to his seat after a rain delay.

A lifelong Braves fan, Ronald Lee Homer Jr. fell about 65 feet at Monday night's game between the Atlanta Braves and Philadelphia Phillies, which had been delayed for nearly two hours by heavy rain.

Homer, 30, spoke with his mother by cellphone as he and other fans waited for the rain to let up. In that conversation, he said the rain was beginning to slack off and indicated he was preparing to go to his seat.

"He said `I love you mom, and I said `I love you too' and that was it," his mother, Connie Homer, said in an interview on Tuesday morning.

Police said the fall appears to have been an accident and there was no indication of foul play. They declined to release many

more

Monday's accident wasn't the first fall by a fan at Turner Field, and two other people suffered falls at the city's pro football stadium in the last year.

Sounds like something needs to be done there.