8. 'Star Trek Generations'

7. 'Galaxy Quest'

6. 'Star Trek'

5. 'Star Trek: The Search For Spock'

4. 'Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home'

3. 'Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country'

2. 'Star Trek: First Contact'

1. 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan'

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/star-trek-into-darkness-named--worst-star-trek-film--073112668.html

STID was last because it was "an action film" but First Contact is in second place? That was far more of an action flick, and any semblance of intelligence TNG films had was lost in all the explosions! And Nemesis ranks above Insurrection, the most character-driven of the TNG films? Who did they ask? Five year olds?

STID should have ended with an apology from JJ Abrams, and a cash refund...

That's how I felt about Generations, First Contact and Nemesis. And DS9, Voyager and Enterprise honestly. Abrams saved Star Trek IMO by producing the first decent franchise since TNG went off the air.

Just did some research.  Been using my TVs built in Netflix player and apparently, there is a bug is some TV/Blueray players that does not show all episodes.

The use of a Romulan cloaking device I think :D

Ha!  I would have picked Star Trek V: The Final Frontier but was very happy to see it 2nd to last.

I thought Into the Darkness was a good movie and a bit better than all of the Next Generation movies IMO.  NG was a fantastic series that didn't work so well on the big screen.

That's how I felt about Generations, First Contact and Nemesis. And DS9, Voyager and Enterprise honestly. Abrams saved Star Trek IMO by producing the first decent franchise since TNG went off the air.

I agree (although i was a bit of a DS9 fan).  Abrams mistake with Star Trek was making it a reboot (or alternate universe or w/e).  I think trekkie fans would have been more accepting if it was just a new story set in the Star Trek universe.

I agree to an extent and whilst I didn't look at all the links partly because the first one i found kinda frustrating by what they class as plot holes, to take a few as an example;

No Security Measures at the tower - To me it seems like a massive assumption that there was no security. Given that Khan was some sort of military genius he could have by passed security systems somehow. Also given that this is the future with things flying around all the time - maybe its the norm to have things flying so close to that tower and lastly unless I misunderstood, the star fleet were a generally peaceful group as they talk about that with their ships - in hindsight its easy to see a problem but in reality when this sort of thing doesn't happen then maybe they were just caught off guard. 

Everything I have said can be argued for and against - its not a plot hole in my opinion, its being picky for no good reason.

Major plot hole around Kirk dying - what the author of this wants to do is wake one of the other super humans from stasis and potentially risk that person waking the rest and completely taking over?

I could go on and on about some of the examples on that website but in reality I don't think what that says are true plot holes.

I disagree. That is a major plot hole, even though I didn't even choose that as one of the most prominent. In fact, the lack of security was prevalent in many scenes.

The implication that there was a lack of security because Khan is some sort of genius makes no sense at all. If any, that realization would have made the need for security even more important. And there are more plot holes related to that as explained in the various links.

Given these and the fact that several reviewers saw the same problems and more, I don't think they were being picky, especially given the notion that these errors could be seen even by non-fans.

I thought Insurrection and Nemesis were far worse and I love TNG crew. Some of the original movies were terrible in comparison too

I disagree. That is a major plot hole, even though I didn't even choose that as one of the most prominent. In fact, the lack of security was prevalent in many scenes.

The implication that there was a lack of security because Khan is some sort of genius makes no sense at all. If any, that realization would have made the need for security even more important. And there are more plot holes related to that as explained in the various links.

Given these and the fact that several reviewers saw the same problems and more, I don't think they were being picky, especially given the notion that these errors could be seen even by non-fans.

I have a tendency to be rubbish at articulating what I actually mean but I didn't mean to suggest Khans genius was the reason for a lack of security. I was trying to suggest that his genius may have gotten around what may have been extensive security. I have to admit the scotty one just joining the rest of the ships in space without a flicker of suspicion a bit far - we all know that the starfleet do and regularly scan for ships and question them if they are unknown.

I will point out however that having a majority of opinion on something doesn't make it right - even though that makes me sound like such a douche in doing so :p

I guess at the end of the day its each to their own and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i sometimes find it quite sad that some people go to what seems like extreme lengths to analyse movies like this, and perhaps if they didn't they may enjoy them more.

This is on a buncha channels on  my Roku 3 and I'm so tempted but every time my sis says "NO! you better not watch that!" 

This is on a buncha channels on  my Roku 3 and I'm so tempted but every time my sis says "NO! you better not watch that!" 

you should it's awesome entertaining SciFi

I still think Star Trek VI is the worst of the films and even though i do not think it was as good as the first of the reboot Into Darkness was not that bad.

you should it's awesome entertaining SciFi

Some people hated on Oblivion and I really really liked it so... who knows this might turn out that way..

I still think Star Trek VI is the worst of the films and even though i do not think it was as good as the first of the reboot Into Darkness was not that bad.

Wait, you think Star Trek 6 is the worst? Or 5? Cuz 6 is pretty bad ass, especially the last battle with Chang. him quoting Shakespeare and all.

Wait, you think Star Trek 6 is the worst? Or 5? Cuz 6 is pretty bad ass, especially the last battle with Chang. him quoting Shakespeare and all.

Yeah, 6 was a great movie IMO (although my trekkie Wife doesn't like it so much for some reason).  Star Trek V the Final Frontier was just...terrible.  what a snooze fest.

I have a tendency to be rubbish at articulating what I actually mean but I didn't mean to suggest Khans genius was the reason for a lack of security. I was trying to suggest that his genius may have gotten around what may have been extensive security. I have to admit the scotty one just joining the rest of the ships in space without a flicker of suspicion a bit far - we all know that the starfleet do and regularly scan for ships and question them if they are unknown.

I will point out however that having a majority of opinion on something doesn't make it right - even though that makes me sound like such a douche in doing so :p

I guess at the end of the day its each to their own and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i sometimes find it quite sad that some people go to what seems like extreme lengths to analyse movies like this, and perhaps if they didn't they may enjoy them more.

It's not so much as a majority giving the same opinion but that many saw the same problems. My guess is that most did not notice them because they were too engrossed with the action scenes and special effects, and from there argued that because they felt good after watching the movie then it was a very good movie.

FWIW, everyone is entitled to his opinion, but that doesn't necessarily make his opinion worthwhile or relevant.

Also, I don't think "extreme lengths" were needed to point out the plot holes and other problems with this movie. And as I pointed out earlier, even a non-fan will see the same.

Finally, it is true that one will enjoy something more if he thinks less about it, but you have to keep in mind that in general people think more as they grow older. They are also able to make more comparisons as they see more movies. On top of that, their opinions are better informed as they see a variety of movies.

These are the reasons why I did not like STID. What I find most disappointing is that of all things, writing the story for a movie requires the least in terms of resources, but it is one of the most important aspects.

The Wrath of Khan is an action movie of the 9th degree and I agree it was the best so far in the entire ST universe.

The worst Into Darkness deserves everything is gets since they messed with the wrong character to redo his life history. Don't mess with Mr. Ricardo!

WoK is an action movie, but it's also extremely heavy on character development and the overall story arcs for Kirk, Spock and (somewhat) McCoy. I mean, how much deeper can you get other than facing your own mortality and how old you feel etc. Into Darkness basically has the same story here, but doesn't deal with how one deals with age and how things around you effect you.and age. Obviously they are a bit to young for that to be an issue. But they did address sacrifice and the good of the many (once again a primary point of WoK).

hmm, well I really liked it, but mostly for the acting and effects, etc.

I really wouldn't have minded a totally new story line, rather than a slightly re-tooled wrath, but in honesty I didn't spoil myself at all going in, and the twists and the reveal worked for me.