• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:41

A raised pickup truck is practical, if you are a carpenter living in the rugged mountains of Alaska. When gas prices rise to 6.00/gallon, maybe people will realize that some of the vehicles they drive are totally impractical.

practical.jpg

#17 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:44

^ I buy the gas and I make the payments, so I get to decide what is practical for me, and what is not. :p

#18 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 7,808 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:46

A raised pickup truck is practical, if you are a carpenter living in the rugged mountains of Alaska. When gas prices rise to 6.00/gallon, maybe people will realize that some of the vehicles they drive are totally impractical.

attachicon.gifpractical.jpg

Compromise?

2766639964_68bc4452e9_z.jpg

#19 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:47

My father used his 2000 Subaru outback for construction when he had to sell his truck . He put his nail guns, and table saws in the back. He also put ladders and lumber on the roof. It worked out well, except for when it came fill and larger things. Before his 2004 Toyota truck, my father also had a 1990 Ford F150 that sucked gas like no tomorrow and ran out on a couple of occasions. The transmission later completely fell apart in pieces on the highway before he got the new, then sold truck  :laugh:

#20 0nyX

0nyX

Posting from Apple //c

• 1,083 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:07

Judging from my neighbours that drive a BMW i would say they are  more "mentally handicapped" rather than "jerks".

#21 Nogib

Nogib

Neowinian

• 507 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:44

Nothing, and I mean nothing will come close to Lexus SUV drivers.  They took the crown from BMW drivers ages ago to the point that I literally cringe whenever I see one anymore as those asshats invariably do something really really dumb.

#22 0nyX

0nyX

Posting from Apple //c

• 1,083 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:20

Nothing, and I mean nothing will come close to Lexus SUV drivers.  They took the crown from BMW drivers ages ago to the point that I literally cringe whenever I see one anymore as those asshats invariably do something really really dumb.

I was watching an old episode of Top Gear last night and on the news section when they showed a Lexus SUV, Clarkson went: " You don't want to buy this unless you are a drug dealer from Los Angeles ".

Still laughing :D

#23 +devHead

devHead

The stars, like dust...

• 2,572 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 521

Posted 04 September 2013 - 18:47

^ I buy the gas and I make the payments, so I get to decide what is practical for me, and what is not. :p

Spoken like a true American.

#24 arachnoid

arachnoid

Call the Opticians

• 2,990 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 18:56

As both a car and a motorbike driver I can attest to the fact make or model has no bearing on the issue.There are plenty of bad drivers in both camps ...and they all intensely hate the other camp sometimes to the point of near accidental [or suicidal] extremes.

#25 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 7,651 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 19:13

I'd absolutely agree that BMW are the as*holes of the road.  Same goes with many VW drivers.

BMWs aren't exactly that expensive or luxurious, so people buy them and then think they're king of the road since it's fast.

Then with VWs, it's a lot of dumb kids that don't have any care or regard for anybody else.  On one side, it's the rich kid that got the brand new model from mommy and daddy and think their better than anybody else.  On the other, it's a kid that buys a junker Jetta or Golf for $500, proceeds to clamp the suspension, put a fart-can on it, and think they have a 9 second car.  We'll see the lawnmover-toned eye-soar blazing down the roads for a few months and then we'll see it blown up on the side of the road.  

Alright, I've had my fun.  But in all seriousness, when I look in my rear-view mirror and see some moron going 100mph and weaving through traffic, 95% of the time it's a BMW or VW.

#26 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 6,591 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 19:31

Then you have drivers like this

See this

#27 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,470 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 19:40

My a**hole coworker just bought one, it definitely rings true for him. Tempted to send him the article >.>

#28 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Random Oracle

• 5,172 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 19:54

BMW drivers may display this above average and especially since X6 somehow became the absolutely best city driver ever *cough*, but over here Impreza takes the crown of five nines. Booga-booga-booga-vrooooom-pssschh-vroom-pssschh... every single one of them. Including those that don't even have turbos but I bet the drivers themselves do the sound with their noses. And it is really an awesome ride, but all the rally pros around have totally ruined the image.

#29 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

Neowinian Senior

• 3,432 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 20:17

i would not be surprised because those cars (BMW and the like) probably tend to attract the more arrogant/snob types of people to them that are all about their image etc instead of just being normal decent human beings and treating people with a basic level of respect in general.

good thing i never cared for those cars ;)

#30 Gabe3

Gabe3

If you lack enemies, you are not doing something worthwhile

• 1,435 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:42

maybe bmw drivers drive aggressive cause its fun to do in a bmw?  well, thats my reason.  I don't know about the swearing part and not stopping for signs.  the real jerks are the ones in lifted trucks blowing a #### cloud out the exhaust.  not to mention lifting your truck makes it prone to roll overs, which isn't safe for you or other drivers.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!