Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nexus 2nd Gen Root Question

9 posts in this topic

Posted

So I just rooted a 2nd gen Nexus 7 and there is a system update.  Anyone know if applying this update will break the root?  All I did was root the device...no custom roms or anything.

Thanks

Posted

Yeah it should break root as it will update your kernel replacing the insecure one and prolly your bootloader as well.

Not a problem though, just root again.

Posted

Yeah it should break root as it will update your kernel replacing the insecure one and prolly your bootloader as well.

Not a problem though, just root again.

Yea, I rerooted.  Worked great. However, now Netflix will not work.  Getting an "Sorry we could not reach the netflix service"  Netflix (15001) message now.  Cleared app data, reinstalled, rebooted....still not working.  Works on my phone.

Posted

Wasn't there an update for netflix or one coming soon because of issues with 4.3?

Posted

Yea, I rerooted.  Worked great. However, now Netflix will not work.  Getting an "Sorry we could not reach the netflix service"  Netflix (15001) message now.  Cleared app data, reinstalled, rebooted....still not working.  Works on my phone.

Both on WiFi? I have a stock Nexus 7 2013, and I was just watching Netflix (in bed and via Chromecast).

Posted

Wasn't there an update for netflix or one coming soon because of issues with 4.3?

My phone is running 4.3 and that is working.

Posted

Both on WiFi? I have a stock Nexus 7 2013, and I was just watching Netflix (in bed and via Chromecast).

yup, both on my home wifi

Posted

I downloaded an older version...now it is working.  odd.

Posted

Just found a version with Chomecast so I am good.  Must be a bug in the current app.