Windows 8.1 RTM Public Release Scheduled On Oct. 18

Neowin News has reported about MS announced that Windows 8.1 RTM will make its public release on Oct. 18, 2013

https://www.neowin.net/news/windows-81-coming-october-18th

MS announcement on Windows Blog

http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2013/08/14/mark-your-calendars-for-windows-8-1.aspx
image_711_zps697724f6.jpg

Mr. Leblanc in the comments section did not go further to reply questions about RTM date, nor MSDN release dates.

I think it's not appropriate to discuss win8.1 new findings in the "win8.1 enterprise" thread, better to discuss in a new thread. :)

- Neowin news also reported about "MS plan for win8.1RTM final coding on Aug. 23". From what I knew, this date was actually the initial target date, it might have changed, and rumors are all flying around.

- Also, people also find out in the latest leaked build 9471, the KMS activation system has changed, the current available so called "KMS tools" couldn't be used anymore, furthermore, Office 2013 installed on build 9471 were also using the same new KMS channel, and couldn't be activated

image_712_zps2592e45d.jpg

This is something about warez, better not to go deep into it, so, just FYI. :)

It is October 18th and not August 18th sadly. Whenever I see Windows 8.1, I think of 3.1.

This gives OEMs lots of time to push their new devices and for the hardware makers to have good, stable, 8.1 drivers ready.  Sucks that we have to wait for it that long but it should be better for everyone in the en.

I see the taskbar is still annoyingly transparent... :/

I think it looks good personally, it's one of the things that doesn't actually bother me. It's not like tools don't exist to remove it though if it annoys you that bad.

I think it looks good personally, it's one of the things that doesn't actually bother me. It's not like tools don't exist to remove it though if it annoys you that bad.

Agreed on both counts. I use Start8 which has an option to disable the transparency, but I've come to like it the way it is. In fact, I wouldn't mind if MS added a bit of blur to it.