Photo

Microsoft announces 'Forza Motorsport 5' limited edition for Xbox

turn 10 studios forza motorsport 5 limited edition xbox one forza motorsport 5 microsoft gaming

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vetJohn Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

Posted 15 August 2013 - 14:53

Microsoft announces 'Forza Motorsport 5' limited edition for Xbox One
by John Callaham

Microsoft's in-house team at Turn 10 Studios will release one of the biggest games for the company's Xbox One launch in "Forza Motorsport 5." Today, Microsoft announced that fans of the long-running racing simulation series will be able to purchase a special limited edition version of the game, with lots of extras at a cost of $79.99.

The Xbox Wire website has the details on the "Forza Motorsport 5" limited edition, which is now available for pre-order. The special edition will have a Steelbook case to hold the game disc along with several window decals with the Xbox One, Forza and Audi logos. It will also come with 1,250 car tokens, which would normally be worth $9.99 separately, that will let players access any car in the game.

The Limited Edition will also let players download a special car pack featuring five vehicles: the 2011 Audi RS3 Sportback, the 2012 Aston Martin Vanquish, the 2013 Ford M Shelby Mustang GT500, the 2013 McLaren P1 and the 2013 SRT Viper GTS. Owners of the Limited Edition will get access to the same car pack that owners of the $59.99 Day One Edition of Forza Motorsport 5 will be able to download, which includes the 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe, the 2013 Ford Focus ST and the 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera.

Microsoft adds:

The cars featured in the Limited Edition Car Pack and the Day One Edition Car Pack of Forza Motorsport 5 have been customized with unique Xbox One liveries and feature custom tunes designed by the developers at Turn 10 to improve performance above their stock counterparts. The stock versions of these cars will also be available on disc in Forza Motorsport 5.

On top of all that extra content, Microsoft is offering "Forza Motorsport 5" players a chance to get VIP membership when they buy the limited edition. VIP members get extras such as "2x player reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, an exclusive in-game player card badge, and in-game gifts from the Forza community team." There's also yet another five car download pack just for VIP members, which adds the 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C, the 1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird, the 1991 Mazda #55 787B, the 2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor and the 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport to the game.

Source: Microsoft | Image via Microsoft

#2 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 16 August 2013 - 15:56

God damn it, i hate these collector editions, I always want but can never afford.

#3 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 16 August 2013 - 16:25

Actually seems like a fairly decent deal for the extra $20.  If these are cars not available ever after they sell out of this limited edition then I can see it selling very well.  If I was into racing games.. I'd be picking up this edition.

#4 Defiantly

Defiantly

In Capsa Vino Veritas!

• Phone: IPhone 5S

Posted 16 August 2013 - 18:50

Arrrggggg!!!!  Still no word on the Pontiac Aztek being in the game!!!

(cough)

#5 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

Posted 16 August 2013 - 18:55

Rather just buy digitally from marketplace.

#6 Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

Shine bright like Iron Man.

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 16 August 2013 - 18:56

I want the 1970 Plymouth Barracuda in this game. I need word on that! :cry:

#7 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

Posted 16 August 2013 - 18:57

So, window decals include an Audi logo... Waiting to see on on a Saxo

#8 +-T-

-T-

Trapmaster

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:22

I was gonna buy this digitally, but this might sway me back to disc for this one title. Love my Forza!

#9 Thief000

Thief000

Neowinian

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:26

Hmmm, I think I'm going all digital now. Maybe some SE games I'll still buy retail, but I'll have to think hard about it...