What do you think about CSETI and its movie "Sirius" ?

Recently I've watched the movie named Sirius and all of its video tapes wich recorded several spaceships floating above the earth. What do you think about this organisation , its members and its ideological ways ?

CSETI seems to bring some proof over what they say , do you beleive them ?

I think it's funny that people still think intelligent life on other planets is something that only nut cases would believe in. The amount of credible witnesses is staggering. 

Shame about "Ata". Tho I had seen an article before detailing how the DNA came back as human, and that they`d been able to say it had lived and grown all the way up to 6-8yrs old.

Still extremely puzzling and Im eager to find out exactly what genetic condition it had to cause such extreme dwarfism, if it could even be called that. Goes a good step beyond primordial dwarfism thats for sure!

TBH only a fricking moron would believe we are the only intelligent life in the entire universe, mainly because if we are whats the point about space travel and exploring other planets if theres nothing worth finding

I think it's funny that people still think intelligent life on other planets is something that only nut cases would believe in. The amount of credible witnesses is staggering. 

Believeing in intelligent life on other planets and believeing they've been visiting here is two very different things

one of them is a mathematical guarantee.

the other, no there is no credible proof or witnesses we have had visitiors. secondly the resources it takes to travel through space means that any aliens that spends all that resources to get here. they would be here for one reason alone, to suck our planet dry of resources and slave labor. and they would be so advanced we couldn't stop them, and we wouldn't see them if they where visiting unless they made themselves seen when they start attacking anyway. 

The whole aliens are nice and wants to come visit the nice planet earth to see the development of the mot advanced species in the universe is a nice romantic dream, but it has no realistic foundation. 

• Like 2

the resources it takes to travel through space means that any aliens that spends all that resources to get here. they would be here for one reason alone, to suck our planet dry of resources and slave labor. and they would be so advanced we couldn't stop them, and we wouldn't see them if they where visiting unless they made themselves seen when they start attacking anyway. 

The whole aliens are nice and wants to come visit the nice planet earth to see the development of the mot advanced species in the universe is a nice romantic dream, but it has no realistic foundation. 

That's just pure paranoia talking. There's absolutely no reason to presume that any visiting aliens would have to be hostile, or that they'd need to steal our resources.

In fact, if they have the capability for interstellar travel, not only would they probably have near infinite resources anyway, but they'd have access to an infinite number of worlds far more resource rich than our own, and probably closer too.  Why go to the effort of attacking some poor savages in a tiny backwater world?

If anything, visiting aliens are far more likely to be anthropologists or similar. Studying a world at an earlier stage of evolution etc.

• Like 3

That's just pure paranoia talking. There's absolutely no reason to presume that any visiting aliens would have to be hostile, or that they'd need to steal our resources.

In fact, if they have the capability for interstellar travel, not only would they probably have near infinite resources anyway, but they'd have access to an infinite number of worlds far more resource rich than our own, and probably closer too.  Why go to the effort of attacking some poor savages in a tiny backwater world?

If anything, visiting aliens are far more likely to be anthropologists or similar. Studying a world at an earlier stage of evolution etc.

I tend to agree. I dont think or know of any sub-mission to harvest the moons resources when we first ventured out? Much like humanity, I think they too would also do a lot of things just to prove to themselves they can.

Endeavour, rather than Conquer.

Also these resources you speak of whilst great and almost un-thinkable nnd obtainable to us, may not be so for them. Your basing there technology on your own human limitations of understanding.

(Tho if they have found a way to travel these distances on little energy/resources or even moderate amounts, then serious WOW!!!!)

That's a very Star Trek Federation like thinking. 

just looking at our own history, we have NEVER traveled such distances to explore new land to study the people.

While there could be "exploratory" aliens with infinite resources, the likelihood is stacked 1000000 to one against that. and even then you make the grave mistake of assuming aliens have any similar thought basis as us, their ethics and morales are likely to be completely different even if they're "good" aliens. 

As for why go here. slave labor, water, any number of things that could be hard to find on other places. 

That's a very Star Trek Federation like thinking. 

just looking at our own history, we have NEVER traveled such distances to explore new land to study the people.

While there could be "exploratory" aliens with infinite resources, the likelihood is stacked 1000000 to one against that. and even then you make the grave mistake of assuming aliens have any similar thought basis as us, their ethics and morales are likely to be completely different even if they're "good" aliens. 

As for why go here. slave labor, water, any number of things that could be hard to find on other places. 

But your assumption is just as much based on your own thought processes as mine are, and there's no reason to presume your conclusion is any more or less valid than mine.

At the end of the day, there's just no way we could deduce why aliens would want to visit us; but presuming bad intentions is hardly the road towards possible peaceful contact.

• Like 2

I strongly disagree with this statement.

Here's a list of the world's greatest explorers. Not all of them carried on their expeditions for purely imperialistic, economical, or political reasons. Some of them were genuinely interested in geography, cartography, biology, archaeology, and study of indigenous peoples' cultures. 

For example, 

Helge Marcus Ingstad (30 December 1899 ? 29 March 2001) was a Norwegian explorer. After mapping some Norse settlements, Ingstad and his wife Anne Stine, an archaeologist, in 1960 found remnants of a Viking settlement in L'Anse aux Meadows in the Province of Newfoundland in Canada. With that they were the first to prove conclusively that the Greenlandic Norsemen had found a way across the Atlantic Ocean to North America, roughly 500 years before Christopher Columbus and John Cabot.

or

Nicholas Miklouho-Maclay  (1846?1888) was a Russian explorer, ethnologist, anthropologist and biologist who became famous as the first scientist to settle among and study people who had never seen a white man.

There've been many others too.

I watched the Sirius movie.

Just another step toward the eventual recognition of intelligent alien life. ;)

Most people believe in extra-planetary intelligent life now. It just isn't here.

I strongly disagree with this statement.

Here's a list of the world's greatest explorers. Not all of them carried on their expeditions for purely imperialistic, economical, or political reasons. Some of them were genuinely interested in geography, cartography, biology, archaeology, and study of indigenous peoples' cultures. 

For example, 

Helge Marcus Ingstad (30 December 1899 ? 29 March 2001) was a Norwegian explorer. After mapping some Norse settlements, Ingstad and his wife Anne Stine, an archaeologist, in 1960 found remnants of a Viking settlement in L'Anse aux Meadows in the Province of Newfoundland in Canada. With that they were the first to prove conclusively that the Greenlandic Norsemen had found a way across the Atlantic Ocean to North America, roughly 500 years before Christopher Columbus and John Cabot.

or

Nicholas Miklouho-Maclay  (1846?1888) was a Russian explorer, ethnologist, anthropologist and biologist who became famous as the first scientist to settle among and study people who had never seen a white man.

There've been many others too.

And there is the show on H2 & History where the guy (Mark Wolter, I believe) studies all kinds of settlements believed to be from people who traveled to North America before Columbus. Name of the show is America Unearthed. Some of the stuff is a little farfetched, but some is definitely believable. 

Just a couple that I've personally been to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gungywamp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newport_Tower_(Rhode_Island)

If Stephen Hawking believes they would be hostile, chances are they would be.

If Stephen Hawking believes they would be hostile, chances are they would be.

Stephen Hawking might be a smart man, but he's a theoretical physicist, not a behavioural or resources expert.  On something like this, his voice has no more weight than anyone else's.

What credible witnesses? What makes them credible? What makes their word more credible then lack of physical evidence? 

TBH only a fricking moron would believe we are the only intelligent life in the entire universe, mainly because if we are whats the point about space travel and exploring other planets if theres nothing worth finding

Who said life is the only thing worth finding? 

yah but it would be pointless, sure new lands new things to discover new animals etc, but ultimately if were the only intelligent life in the universe its going to be a lonely place

They're probably looking for cheap oil and more gold ore. :laugh:

For some Alien visitors, Earth is their 'reality TV'. ;)

What credible witnesses? What makes them credible? What makes their word more credible then lack of physical evidence? 

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1168241-tin-foil-hats/

Read the first part of my rant sir.

And there isn't lack of evidence, you just chose to ignore it. It's funny that people will quote resources as fact only if it meshes with their own preconceived ideas. But if you read my rant, there are a lot of people much more qualified and intelligent that anyone here, including you, that believe in Alien life based on first hand experience. Actually read what I wrote and examine the sources and facts. If you can debunk every single one of those people, I'll agree with you. If you can't, don't answer back because it's based on pure ignorance.

BTW I noticed that you and I have been disagreeing since early 2011. I always respect your opinion, and it's been fun lol.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1168241-tin-foil-hats/

Read the first part of my rant sir.

And there isn't lack of evidence, you just chose to ignore it. It's funny that people will quote resources as fact only if it meshes with their own preconceived ideas. But if you read my rant, there are a lot of people much more qualified and intelligent that anyone here, including you, that believe in Alien life based on first hand experience. Actually read what I wrote and examine the sources and facts. If you can debunk every single one of those people, I'll agree with you. If you can't, don't answer back because it's based on pure ignorance.

BTW I noticed that you and I have been disagreeing since early 2011. I always respect your opinion, and it's been fun lol.

Im in agreement that the likely hood of life and even intelligent life is more then plausible for a number of reasons, what I disagree with is your comment of "The amount of credible witnesses is staggering". It's irrelevant how many intelligent people you can pull up, not a single one can provide evidence to alien life existing let alone intelligent life. Calling them witnesses implies they can bare evidence to that idea, which is not true. Arguing that aspects for life to exists, such as planets existing in the goldilocks zone, key elements of life found all around the universe and so forth are still not evidence of life itself. Any true scientist you wish to pull from your list of witnesses would likely agree to that. So I don't need to debunk anything, actual evidence of life has yet to be presented including witnesses to said life.