Linksys E900 router

Does anyone own one of these, or have had one in the past? Mine started dropping dhcp connecitons to my ISP, and they swear its not on their side. I tossed dd-wrt on it, and it worked for a day or two, then began to drop them again, so on a whim, I decided to look around and found a copy of tomato firmware for it, and everything seems fine right now. Anyone else had this problem, or are they more or less junk, and if they are can anyone recommend me a decent router?

They aren't bad, but it sounds like the router isn't sending or not getting a DHCP requests. How long is your lease? It should renew 1/2 way through the lease so keep an eye on that to see if it's doing it.

Then again Tomato is awesome so I wouldn't worry about it much unless Tomato starts to fail too. I'd stick with that (or DD-WRT in any case).

I owned one last year - sent it back as it kept doing the same as you are describing. From what I can gather the OS provided by CISCO/Linksys is unstable and the thing overheats during P2P traffic.

I recommend the Netgear WNDR4500 as it's the only one that has survived our home network so far (Other than a Draytek I borrowed), does well for gaming and heavy (750GB DL / 56GB-ish UL per month) data transfer. QOS is basic but actually works very well plus 4x Gigabit.