Sony Finalizing Online Pay-TV Deal With Viacom

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 521

Posted 16 August 2013 - 22:27

TV is not a big deal, never has been. Microsoft's only error was how much time they chose to spend talking about it during a console reveal, compared to everything else. Thus, the Xbox fan base wasn't exactly pleased... That's old news though.

Anyway, securing deals with media companies always seems to be the chore that gets distributors hung up. I'm honestly curious as to what Sony can conjure up given their status and relationships in that area.

It does not matter if 10minutes were spent talkin about it or an entire hour... It's the same thing...

Now all is needed is teh sports, sports, sports

#17 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:20

It does not matter if 10minutes were spent talkin about it or an entire hour... It's the same thing...

Now all is needed is teh sports, sports, sports

Maybe you're right; the conference was rather dry as hell to begin with. I guess that's why all those YouTube parodies took off, as when my friends and I went to talk about the Xbox One the next day, we were all just like, "Yeah, they started going on about television so I didn't really pay attention..." :p

It's all good though, it's already come and gone. All we can look forward to is the future.

#18 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 17 August 2013 - 17:02

The future is all around devices and I hope everyone realizes that and isn't shocked that both companies actually have pretty similar strategies.

PR is the root of console war crap.  The less we get stuck on it, the better.

The 'bit wars' of the 90s was fairly calm compared to how terrible it can get now.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!