Photo

Which Company Do You Respect Most Right Now?

microsoft apple google

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Company Respect

Currently, which company has your most respect

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which is second?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

And who is last?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sir Topham Hatt

Sir Topham Hatt

A Very Talented Individual

• 6,748 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:35

With the latest news that Google has, yet again blocked a Microsoft YouTube app, I wonder if Microsoft blocked access to Gmail, YouTube from Windows or if you plugged in an Android phone Windows wouldn't recognise it, what Google would do then.  Of course, we shouldn't mention the statement Google made telling users they shouldn't expect privacy with their emails, my respect for Google as a company is rapidly declining.

With all this going on, Apple is once again happy to be quietly developing in the background.

But I feel for Microsoft.  They were late with their OS, but have soldiered on, yes their advertisements aimed at Google's services are just a bit of fun but with a serious message.  Maybe Google's feelings got hurt.

Vote.

#2 Torolol

Torolol

• 2,918 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:41

wheres Samsung?
I'm a Samsung fanboy for now.

My Fridge, my microwave, my Washing Machine, my Tablet, all samsung

#3 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,113 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:52

Again, people seem to be attributing an emotional attachment to corporations.

#4 REM2000

REM2000

Neowinian Senior

• 2,274 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:04

i agree, we need to remember these are just very large machines,

However i don't think it'll ever change, people have emotional/feelings for inanimate objects, it's just human nature.

#5 nitins60

nitins60

Neowinian

• 493 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:06

Even Animals have emotional attachment to thier food and place. Why not humans?

#6 glen8

glen8

Neowinian

• 890 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:08

I've voted for Google as number one.

They are like Microsoft from the 80s and 90s, and Apple from the turn of the century.  You don't get to be the top dog by playing nice.

Apple second, as although they are just rehashing old ideas, at least they are sticking to their guns.

Microsoft a low third I'm afraid.  They have lost their way and seem unable to find it.

#7 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:55

Neither of aforementioned have left anything worthy that much respect for me to post about. On an unrelated note, Corsair, however...

#8 etctips

etctips

Neowinian

• 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:10

My vote is for Google. They setted the trend and world is following, including Microsoft and Apple

#9 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,623 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:14

None of the above

#10 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,807 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:15

#1 Microsoft

#2 Apple

#3 Google

The Microsoft Server Team, and the Windows OS (whether or not you like 8's Modern UI) are unmatched in their usefulness and engineering; and are the foundation for modern computing. Only not in the mobile space, hehehe.

#11 +Chicane-UK

Chicane-UK

Neowinian Senior

• 9,752 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:15

Google first for me. I do honestly believe they have reasonably good intentions and I think some of their new ideas / products are pretty awesome or have the potential for greatness (self driving car springs to mind.. amazing). 

I use a number of their products on a daily basis - in fact I think I'd be lost without them. So Google gets my #1 spot. Apple gets second because they make products I actually like. Microsoft comes last frankly - I think they've lost the plot horrendously in the last few years and I just get annoyed dealing with their crap these days.

#12 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• 4,543 posts
  • Phone: HTC One (Home) Lumia 1020 (Work)

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:35

Eh to be honest none of these three would be at the top of my list.

But just with these choices, I'd say Microsoft first, they've been getting their "playing nice with others" act together, not perfect but definitely much improved from what they used to be. Even with the Windows 8 mess they'll bounce back, not the first time somebody published something that was met with shall we say less than enthusiastic reviews.. for example a lot of people hated Vista and then they came back with 7, the best desktop OS to date from any company as far as I'm concerned. That aside they've been doing some pretty slick stuff, one of the very few companies that actually make me want to use their products for so many years.

Apple's kind of in the middle for me. Not my brand of choice but I can understand the loyalty. Curious to see if they can get their momentum back.

Lately Google's been reminding me of Microsoft circa 1995, started nicely but then started the conquest to rule the electronic world.. been churning out some serious dick moves lately, hopefully they get it together soon. For me anyway they don't have anything I actually need that I can't get elsewhere, I like to keep an open mind with my choices but they make it very hard sometimes.

#13 margrave

margrave

Neowinian

• 645 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:46

I really don't respect or trust any of them now. They've all played their hand recently and showed what they all are.

Nothing but digital bullies.

#14 AsherGZ

AsherGZ

Neowinian Senior

• 1,620 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 820, 520

Posted 16 August 2013 - 13:33

I didn't vote because even if I choose Google third it would imply that i have at least some respect for them which is not true. I really respect Microsoft as a company and not just because of their business practices but because no other company encourages students and promotes education worldwide as much as they do. MSDN, Technet, Dreamspark, Hackathons, free tablets, discounted PCs, Office for students you name it. I don't think I've ever heard of Apple donating even one ipad for a good cause. I respect them because they are not afraid to try new ideas (Metro). I respect the people in their team: Ballmer (seriously have you ever seen a more perky CEO, other than Elop maybe who is always smiling), Belfiore, Ben the PC Guy, Major Nelson, Microsoft Research etc. I respect them because they are not patent trolls or greedy or just plain evil. I love their products which are not just toys and allow me to be productive. And last but not the least, I respect Microsoft because it's owned by one of the most respected people in the world who would rather spend his time and money making the world a better place.

#15 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,119 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 13:39

I don't really carry any respect for any of them, but if anything, Microsoft would be at the bottom of my list due to what they've pulled with Win8 and the X1.