Photo

Mac users: What is your primary browser on OS X?

os x web browser safari chrome opera firefox

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Mac users: What is your primary browser on OS X?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Mac users: What is your primary browser on OS X?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 HyperTallih

HyperTallih

Neowinian

Posted 17 August 2013 - 18:00

Safari.

#32 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 15

Posted 17 August 2013 - 18:23

Firefox. I've become too dependent on the various extensions that I have installed.

#33 +Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook

Neowinian

Posted 17 August 2013 - 18:56

Firefox. I've used it for years on Windows prior to moving to Mac, so it's kind of difficult to move away from it. Especially due to the Web Developer extension which I use daily. The only thing that irritates me is Firefox's built-in DNS Cache.

#34 dragon2611

dragon2611

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 August 2013 - 19:09

Firefox and Chrome,

Same as on Windows, Same as on Linux.

#35 Zoom7000

Zoom7000

The Ankle Breaker

• Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 17 August 2013 - 19:36

I have all 3 installed, but I use Firefox as my main browser. I'm very dependent on the extensions I use on PC and Mac, but mainly for the Cutyfox extension. I've tried Chrome's URL shorteners but just not been able to get on with them. Also, I've just come across some niggles on Chrome that irritate me and for this reason I've always come back to Firefox. Just wish they would speed it up!

#36 BetaAddict

BetaAddict

Uncomplicating the complicated

• Phone: MotoX, Nexus 7, Android 4.4

Posted 17 August 2013 - 19:43

While Safari will by far give the best performance and integration across apple products, I use Chrome mainly for the integration with android and extension support.

#37 Co_Co

Co_Co

g status

Posted 17 August 2013 - 19:51

safari is sweet...zoom and gestures that looks snazzy 

#38 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 18 August 2013 - 00:36

Firefox. I've used it for years on Windows prior to moving to Mac, so it's kind of difficult to move away from it. Especially due to the Web Developer extension which I use daily. The only thing that irritates me is Firefox's built-in DNS Cache.

One thing I've found strange about Chrome's DNS cache is how quickly items expire from it, they're gone within a minute or so. I know Firefox is changing how they look up DNS stuff (more in line with Chrome) by skipping the OS resolver entirely, and using something like unbound for DNSSEC validation (And hopefully bypassing the OS X issue that causes it to randomly disable IPv6 connections for a host)

#39 redjuice_drinker

redjuice_drinker

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:40

I use the, ALL, and go in trends and spurts - in fact today I just removed Camino from the doc because the last os update today eliminated my ability to watch youtuber vids.

Safari works great if you have the memory - my resources are low only 2 Gig on a 2009 mac - I miss the days whenyou could run a mac to hell and back on no ram and it would barely ever choke. I use to have three or four browsers open with from 50 to 100 tabs open in each and never had a problem until the last several mac os updates.

If you HAVE ISSUES with SAFARI and have not tried a FRESH install - I suggest that - I had lots of problems before - but after a fresh OVER NIGHT LONG install and a cold hard boot - flushing pram etc - it all worked out for the best.

I like FF depends on the versions I like the ESR ie enterprise version because it's stable - and for the most part aurora - nightly... I use to have 5-7 versions of each browser on my hard drive up to the point it eventually took up my whole hard drive. Recently I've widdled down the number of browsers by about 1/3

I use rockmelt some times use to love it robin and slepinar use to use but I don't like being FORCED into something Seamonkey was a fav forever and a day Opera when she was a virgin and young lady but now she's a hag - some versions of Chrome or Chromium and many others of ff and even some I made myself a longtiime ago were staples for awhile. Omniweb is interesting but not used unless I have to for specific tasks & slimline is getting better and that leaves me with TORCH who is one of my main stays now - I thought it would be Yandex but she dont like to ride on my desktop for some reason.

So to sum it up, I'm not married to any one, I date them all and will drop them when the performance is lacking.

CURRENTLY, I go between Firefox ESR, Aurora, Torch or Safari.

ScreenShot2013-08-23at112243PM_zps847198

#40 cmc482

cmc482

Neowinian

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:24

You know Safari + iCloud does that right? :)

Not very well when you have to use Windows based computers at work and still want your bookmarks/extensions synced.

#41 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 25 August 2013 - 15:03

I <3 Safari.  So sad that they discontinued Safari for Windows.  I wish they would embrace other web browser with iCloud Control Panel in Windows.  It will only sync with Safari and Internet Explorer :(.

#42 xreyuk

xreyuk

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 5 IOS 7 Beta

Posted 25 August 2013 - 20:49

It was firefox up until recently, when I changed it to Chrome.

Chrome was faster, and just felt better. Might be changing my mind though with Chrome's latest update messing up omnibox.

#43 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 25 August 2013 - 21:03

Internet Explorer for Mac 5.2.3

#44 OP +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:37

Internet Explorer for Mac 5.2.3

How does your iMac G3 running Panther work for you after all these years?

#45 einsteinbqat

einsteinbqat

Neowinian

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:22

I'm using Safari.