Photo

Mac users: What is your primary browser on OS X?

os x web browser safari chrome opera firefox

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Mac users: What is your primary browser on OS X?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Mac users: What is your primary browser on OS X?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 +Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook

Neowinian

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:20

One thing I've found strange about Chrome's DNS cache is how quickly items expire from it, they're gone within a minute or so. I know Firefox is changing how they look up DNS stuff (more in line with Chrome) by skipping the OS resolver entirely, and using something like unbound for DNSSEC validation (And hopefully bypassing the OS X issue that causes it to randomly disable IPv6 connections for a host)

Well, the major problem I have with it, is when I need to edit my hosts file to point to a specific server for any particular website (which I do often as I work in clustered environments). I have to quit Firefox and restart it before any hosts changes take effect. Usually I just use Safari at this point.

#47 AdamLC

AdamLC

Neowinian

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:32

I use Chrome at work and home :)

#48 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:20

Well, the major problem I have with it, is when I need to edit my hosts file to point to a specific server for any particular website (which I do often as I work in clustered environments). I have to quit Firefox and restart it before any hosts changes take effect. Usually I just use Safari at this point.

If you do ⌘+Shift+R to reload the page then Firefox will ignore the DNS (and page) cache and it should work then.

#49 +Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook

Neowinian

Posted 27 August 2013 - 17:49

If you do ⌘+Shift+R to reload the page then Firefox will ignore the DNS (and page) cache and it should work then.

Might have to try that then, thanks.