being blocked by internet security.

hey guys,

so i'm deployed to Afghanistan right now, and i would like to play some video games on my down time.  the local afghan guy that runs the internet wont lift his block on gaming website and even some email/shopping sites are blocked.  anyway, i ordered 2 games that require i have origin on my computer to play them.  i installed origin and the game, and updated them.  now when i try to actually play the game, it says, "we are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity limited edition on this computer using your account. please try again later."  that doesnt make any sense to me b/c i downloaded origin and updated, so it has to be the admin internet filter.  (in short is there a way around this?)  i have physical access to the linksys WAP54G if that helps.  

i get the same cannot connect to server when i try to play on steam.  and some online games just wont let me log in. like SWTOR can not connect to server, same with HoN. just wont even let me log in.  

so any help on getting around this damn filter is appreciated.

ok so i've been doing a little searching on my own and this filtering system is called cyberoam.  and i guess i can bypass it if i download a program called "tor" and firefox portable.. but i dont think that will fix the problem of accessing game servers. because they are not being accessed via a browser.  i guess another option would be creating VPN, but i think for that to work, i would have to have it connect to another computer or "node" back in the states, or maybe just somewhere where there is no filtration system. i'm honestly kind of shooting in the dark here.  any help is appreciated.  

Are you sure it's not the ports that are blocked and not the addresses? If you have access to the router you should be able to add the appropriate (and needed) ports to the whitelist.

Are you sure it's not the ports that are blocked and not the addresses? If you have access to the router you should be able to add the appropriate (and needed) ports to the whitelist.

The WAP54G is a pretty dumb little thing that basically only offers WiFi, the filtering probably happens on ISP level.