Revolution (Season 2)

If it wasn't for Neowin, I don't think I'd ever know when my TV shows start again.  Thanks for the thread, reminds me to update my DVR.  Excited for season 2, I thought season 1 dragged, but I loved the ending.

The NBC drama Revolution notched a series low in its season two premiere, hitting a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demo and 6.8 million viewers in its new timeslot.  That?s a steep drop from last year?s series premiere 4.1 rating, and down two tenths from the season one finale?s 2.0 rating.

The NBC drama Revolution notched a series low in its season two premiere, hitting a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demo and 6.8 million viewers in its new timeslot.  That?s a steep drop from last year?s series premiere 4.1 rating, and down two tenths from the season one finale?s 2.0 rating.

I don't wanna say it's just because they moved it's time slot... but the same thing happened with Fringe. Started on a Monday and then they moved it to Thursday where it had to compete with so much more.

Also... I thought it was a really good episode :)

Hmm, can anyone explain to me how after nearly 2 decades of the power being off that electricity would still be flowing to these buildings? Did the workers at power companies stay behind just for the possibility the power might start working again? I mean seriously, this show requires more than just a little suspension of belief. I feel like these writers didn't even make up any rules to follow within their own universe. :pinch: 

Hmm, can anyone explain to me how after nearly 2 decades of the power being off that electricity would still be flowing to these buildings? Did the workers at power companies stay behind just for the possibility the power might start working again? I mean seriously, this show requires more than just a little suspension of belief. I feel like these writers didn't even make up any rules to follow within their own universe. :pinch:

See the spoiler tag below:

There are nanobots which are absorbing the electricity. That's why things like batteries don't even work. When they "turned the power back on" the nanobots started releasing energy, which powers things near them... that's why the pendants would power computers and lights up to so many feet away from the pendant. It's not that generating facilities like gas power plants suddenly sprung to life, but that the nanobots are feeding power into the devices themselves. Because after two decades of no power, you'd have a lot of linage breaks. Maybe not within a house, but definitely from the house to the power plant.

See the spoiler tag below:

There are nanobots which are absorbing the electricity. That's why things like batteries don't even work. When they "turned the power back on" the nanobots started releasing energy, which powers things near them... that's why the pendants would power computers and lights up to so many feet away from the pendant. It's not that generating facilities like gas power plants suddenly sprung to life, but that the nanobots are feeding power into the devices themselves. Because after two decades of no power, you'd have a lot of linage breaks. Maybe not within a house, but definitely from the house to the power plant.

After nearly two decades, do you honestly believe any of that stuff would actually work? After two decades of neglect, I don't buy these "nanobots" could just magically turn things back on without maintenance.

Also, in the finale last year, didn't Rachel shutdown the nanobots responsible for the worldwide blackout? Also, speaking of computers, how did they communicate with each other?

The should have treated the entire first season as a terrible dream of Miles Matheson and rebooted the entire series. I'll give it two more chances, but if the next two episodes are as bad as the first one, plus the first season, I'll be dropping this from my watch list.

[edit] As if this show didn't already have enough strikes against it, they pulled a Heroes at the end of the episode. Ugh! :rolleyes:

[edit-2] Another thought, if that injured militia man Rachel was attending to was close enough for a nuclear bomb to fuse his close to his body, how is he not dead from radiation? Seriously.

And what was up with the lightning bugs? A complex chemical process where luciferin + adenosine triphosphate -------------> luciferyl adenylate + pyrophosphate ; luciferyl adenylate + O2 ------------> oxyluciferin + adenosine monophosphate + light. Light is given off and the oxyluciferin and AMP are then released from the enzyme's surface.

So what does that process have to do with these nanobots (since there's absolutely no electricity involved with creating that light)?

They started to lose me when they killed Aaron right away....and then they revived him which made it worse. I'll give a few more episodes before I drop this one. I expected a more similar approach to The Walking Dead wherein there is the setting and we get to watch the people as they deal with it instead of trying to explain everything and add a little more "scientific" twists on it.

i'm giving this one a second chance. it started great but then some other great series started also, so this one was put on hold. saw the trailers for the second season and it sparked curiosity once again.

no electricity on the planet yet there still is lightning 

Wasn't that the scene with Monroe and the lightning storm? True that the nanobots absorb all electricity, but it was back in that moment. So I guess that was possible to happen.

Wasn't that the scene with Monroe and the lightning storm? True that the nanobots absorb all electricity, but it was back in that moment. So I guess that was possible to happen.

No they have had storms in much earlier episodes where lightning was being shown in the background. The scene with Monroe was when they turned it back on for that brief bit of time. 

Off topic but wow doesn't tracy spiridakos look even hotter in this season :p haha :p

Never off topic :p

Ratings dropped again this week as well :/

Never off topic :p

Ratings dropped again this week as well :/

I don't think you can blame the show for this.  If you read through articles on returning fall shows most of them have had bad ratings.  It has to do with dvr and watching shows at a later date.  I for one have it dvr'ed and just haven't watched it yet.