:D Just pre-ordered a ps4... who else did?

I don't think I really need a topic for it.. but be interesting to see who else pre-ordered a PS4.

PlayStation 4 (Launch Edition) [Video Game] 
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
Price: 399.00 CAD

Shipping Estimate: Dec 3, 2013
Delivery Estimate: Dec 9 2013 - Dec 13 2013

I don't think I really need a topic for it.

... and yet you started one anyway.  Maybe I should start a new topic announcing that I pre-ordered an Xbox One? Whadda ya think?

• Like 3

... and yet you started one anyway.  Maybe I should start a new topic announcing that I pre-ordered an Xbox One? Whadda ya think?

Yea.. I mean if that's what you want to do.

As much as I've been on Sony rants... You would think I wouldn't of bothered.

But I do have a launch day PS4 on reserve.., ordered it during E3...

But eBay may be its destination, if supply is short and demand is high

But eBay may be its destination, if supply is short and demand is high

Count on it. Smart move, actually. Especially right around Christmas when folks are willing to pay extra for the hot item.

I haven't pre-ordered anything yet.  I know that means I'm missing out of the day one editions of the consoles, but I want to wait until at least Gamescom to make my decision.

Buying both will be costly, so only one gets the day one treatment.  I may even wait until TGS to see what kind of Japanese content is on the horizon. 

I pre-ordered at my local ebgames store. :)

I'll also get the xbox one but that will be a month or two later as I expect a early price drop 

I'm just going to watch the market on both ends, and wait to see what issues people have, bitch and moan about, and so forth. You KNOW it's going to happen.

I'd rather not deal with it all and just be patient and get it a little later.

Good on you though, I hope you enjoy it! :)

Waiting to see what bundles will be available. It won't be a Day 1 purchase, maybe a Day 30 purchase.

Are you usually a dick for no reason?

--

In regards to the topic.. I still can't make my mind up which to get, are there any pro's and con's charts about or anything lol?

It's all about the games. If you like the games, buy the console.

Always loved infamous... The only thing that puts me off is the gui but I guess I'll be on games more than the dashboard!

Source: http://www.examiner.com/article/ps4-release-details-confirmed-for-gamescom-official-ps4-release-date-likely?cid=PROD-redesign-right-next

Just a heads up that the PS4 release date will likely be announced during Gamescom this week also a source who works for a large gaming retailer in the US is backing  'October 21st, 2013' as the release date week because they are receiving a 'Sony Entertainment Systems' product for sale during that week and the new PS3 flash console is out this week, so a PS4 release looks likely (Unless they made a new version of the Vita).

October 21st is unconfirmed at this stage.

Well Gamescom seems like the perfect place to announce it.   It'll be interesting to see how many countries they commit to for day one. 

If I was one of these companies, Id probably wait as long as possible considering the issues that can come up lol.

I would laugh if both consoles launched on the same day, that would be armageddon.  Think of the lines and the violence in the streets. That wont happen though.

Though I will end up with a PS3 eventually. My launch day edition, is going to get me some loot.

I will purchase one to keep somewhere around Second Son release.

Source: http://www.examiner.com/article/ps4-release-details-confirmed-for-gamescom-official-ps4-release-date-likely?cid=PROD-redesign-right-next

Just a heads up that the PS4 release date will likely be announced during Gamescom this week also a source who works for a large gaming retailer in the US is backing  'October 21st, 2013' as the release date week because they are receiving a 'Sony Entertainment Systems' product for sale during that week and the new PS3 flash console is out this week, so a PS4 release looks likely (Unless they made a new version of the Vita).

October 21st is unconfirmed at this stage.

So the Nov 30 is just a place holder then?

So the Nov 30 is just a place holder then?

Well with the new rumor about a redesigned Vita coming soon, it might turn out that the Oct 21st date for it and the PS4 could come out in Nov. We will see.

• 1 month later...

Vita needs some better games, even Sony seems to have pushed it to the wayside, meanwhile 3ds has some terrific games and good frame rates despite it's less powerful. It's obvious devs don't take much time or effort with many of the Vita games. It reminds me of the Atari Lynx, powerful, unique but crappy gameplay.

Whats with the angst? Pre-order threads aren't exactly rare. Gaming community folk.

I'm going to wait for my PS4, going to be an after launch jobby for me.