Barclays Premier League Season 2013/2014

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the title this season?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Cardiff City
    • Chelsea
    • Crystal Palace
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle United
    • Norwich City
    • Southampton
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Swansea City
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Bromwich Albion
    • West Ham United
  2. 2. Which teams will be relegated this season?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Cardiff City
    • Chelsea
    • Crystal Palace
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle United
    • Norwich City
    • Southampton
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Swansea City
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Bromwich Albion
    • West Ham United

Correct, but in the case of the FA Cup he is right.

I imagine multitudes of others think the same he's just the one thats said something.

As I said, I could not care less what he thinks or says.

He should comment on the Scottish cup and leave the English and (3 Welsh teams) F.A CUP alone.

Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino has confirmed he will remain at the club despite the departure of chairman Nicola Cortese.

Cortese, 45, left Saints on Wednesday, with owner Katharina Liebherr becoming non-executive chairman.

Pochettino said last season he would leave St Mary's if the Italian did.

"I am staying as manager," Pochettino told BBC Radio Solent. "I have a professional responsibility to everyone at the club and the fans."

Then later mentioned he can't say he'll be at the club at the end of the season. :laugh:

Rumours flying around that Nicola Cortese might be back with backers to buy the club.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This thread should be livening up a bit once the Pardew head butting Meyler video gets uploaded - Absolute quality hahaha

Guess you were wrong on that one  :laugh:

Really is quiet in this thread compared to last seasons

post-56742-0-32219900-1399224485.jpg

Arsenal get a guaranteed 4th, which is good news, with the cup in two weeks.

Even if we win final game and Chelsea lose we would not have enough goal difference in our favour to clinch 3rd.

Wenger shot the whole team and the fans in the foot (feet) by not buying 5 players in January.

If he had done that, 2 midfielders, a striker a defender and a utility player like Gareth Barry then we probably would had been champions already.

I read something funny, Sagna is 31 and wanted a 3 year contract 6 months ago, Wenger said no only a year-by-year.

Now we are going to lose the best right back in Europe and replace him with the 35 year old Rio Ferdinand.

That is madness, we have Jenkinson whom is a very good right back already.

Good season for Southampton. 8th isn't to shabby. 55 Points too. Hopefully we can make that 58 when we play Man Utd for our last game.

I hope we can keep Pochetino and build on this season. If he stays and we can keep our squad with a few additions. I think defence we need some experience. I think we'll be fighting top 6 next season.

I recon its going to be very difficult to keep our core together. Lalana to liverpool for 20 mil is roumered. Shaw to man city for 30 mil. I really hope we can keep them but the big clubs can offer champions league football next season which we cant.

Heres to hoping though!

<snipped>

Wenger shot the whole team and the fans in the foot (feet) by not buying 5 players in January.

If he had done that, 2 midfielders, a striker a defender and a utility player like Gareth Barry then we probably would had been champions already.

<snipped>

Now we are going to lose the best right back in Europe and replace him with the 35 year old Rio Ferdinand.

That is madness, we have Jenkinson whom is a very good right back already.

Buy 5 players in January - name one team that has ever done that and succeeded! It worked out really well for Tottenham didn't it?

As for Sagna being the best right back in Europe. The man is caught out of position so much when defending, and can't cross when attacking. Over Sagna I'd take Alves, Zabaleta or Ivanovic.  There is no doubt that Sagna has been a great servant for the club, but frankly I think it would be great for him to go and find a new challenge elsewhere.  I think that we would be better for it too.

Buy 5 players in January - name one team that has ever done that and succeeded! It worked out really well for Tottenham didn't it?

As for Sagna being the best right back in Europe. The man is caught out of position so much when defending, and can't cross when attacking. Over Sagna I'd take Alves, Zabaleta or Ivanovic.  There is no doubt that Sagna has been a great servant for the club, but frankly I think it would be great for him to go and find a new challenge elsewhere.  I think that we would be better for it too.

That is Tottenham Hostpurs and they purchased the players in the August transfer window.

Spurs don't have Arsene Wenger, they got Daniel Levy... Better not say a bad word about him as we are related. LoL

I am Arsenal to the core.

Sagna can cross a ball, he is more an old type wing back.

He wants to go, then plenty more can fill the void.

Spurs don't have Arsene Wenger, they got Daniel Levy... Better not say a bad word about him as we are related. LoL

But even Wenger said that integrating a large number of new signings into a club is more of a hinderance than anything else.  That suggests to me that even Wenger doesn't believe he can do it, what makes you think he can?

The signings that Spurs made had 5 months to settle before the January window, and couldn't settle in a whole season.  We haven't seen the best of Ozil yet, because it takes a good season for a new player into the Prem to perform at their best.