Photo

Barclays Premier League Season 2013/2014

official premier league 2013/2014

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Barclays Premier League Season 2013/2014

Which team will win the title this season?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which teams will be relegated this season?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 +mikebiacsi

mikebiacsi

You can't hack me, i got Norton.

• 2,128 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 20:40

I recon its going to be very difficult to keep our core together. Lalana to liverpool for 20 mil is roumered. Shaw to man city for 30 mil. I really hope we can keep them but the big clubs can offer champions league football next season which we cant.

Heres to hoping though!

#47 Fahim S.

Fahim S.

Neowinian Senior

• 2,950 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4 16GB by LG

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:17

<snipped>

Wenger shot the whole team and the fans in the foot (feet) by not buying 5 players in January.

If he had done that, 2 midfielders, a striker a defender and a utility player like Gareth Barry then we probably would had been champions already.

<snipped>

Now we are going to lose the best right back in Europe and replace him with the 35 year old Rio Ferdinand.

That is madness, we have Jenkinson whom is a very good right back already.

Buy 5 players in January - name one team that has ever done that and succeeded! It worked out really well for Tottenham didn't it?

As for Sagna being the best right back in Europe. The man is caught out of position so much when defending, and can't cross when attacking. Over Sagna I'd take Alves, Zabaleta or Ivanovic.  There is no doubt that Sagna has been a great servant for the club, but frankly I think it would be great for him to go and find a new challenge elsewhere.  I think that we would be better for it too.

#48 leesmithg

leesmithg

The Major!

• 9,473 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:37

Buy 5 players in January - name one team that has ever done that and succeeded! It worked out really well for Tottenham didn't it?

As for Sagna being the best right back in Europe. The man is caught out of position so much when defending, and can't cross when attacking. Over Sagna I'd take Alves, Zabaleta or Ivanovic.  There is no doubt that Sagna has been a great servant for the club, but frankly I think it would be great for him to go and find a new challenge elsewhere.  I think that we would be better for it too.

That is Tottenham Hostpurs and they purchased the players in the August transfer window.

Spurs don't have Arsene Wenger, they got Daniel Levy... Better not say a bad word about him as we are related. LoL

I am Arsenal to the core.

Sagna can cross a ball, he is more an old type wing back.

He wants to go, then plenty more can fill the void.

#49 Fahim S.

Fahim S.

Neowinian Senior

• 2,950 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4 16GB by LG

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:49

Spurs don't have Arsene Wenger, they got Daniel Levy... Better not say a bad word about him as we are related. LoL

But even Wenger said that integrating a large number of new signings into a club is more of a hinderance than anything else.  That suggests to me that even Wenger doesn't believe he can do it, what makes you think he can?

The signings that Spurs made had 5 months to settle before the January window, and couldn't settle in a whole season.  We haven't seen the best of Ozil yet, because it takes a good season for a new player into the Prem to perform at their best.