32 posts in this topic

Posted

b-iphone-5c-leak-green-2.jpg?w=618

Apple

Posted

Iphone 5 isn't going anywhere.

1 person likes this

Posted

If true, that's bad. This shouldn't replace the iPhone 5, it should be sold in conjunction. They should sell: iPhone 5C (low end), 5 (middle), 5s (top of the line)

Posted

If true, that's bad. This shouldn't replace the iPhone 5, it should be sold in conjunction. They should sell: iPhone 5C (low end), 5 (middle), 5s (top of the line)

That's actually not that bad of an idea at all, lol.

I wish this would mean that we could trade our iPhone 5 in for the newer model, but that is only possible in a dreamworld :p

Posted

I know that's considered to be cheap in Apple's world (compared to the iPhone 5), but that's not really a "budget" phone.  If they lowered the price to $200-300 (or even $300-400), then it would be a budget phone.

Posted

I know that's considered to be cheap in Apple's world (compared to the iPhone 5), but that's not really a "budget" phone.  If they lowered the price to $200-300 (or even $300-400), then it would be a budget phone.

Apple's moto is not to sell cheap..... Apple probably think and hope for it to be the premium of all budget phones :)

Posted

I guess the term "budget phone" has a different interpretation for Apple. $400-$500 is not anywhere close to being called "budget"

Posted

That's why the 4 is still around. I doubt they could still make a profit at that price unless they're using older tech.

Posted

Insane price if they're aiming for the budget audience.

Posted

That's why the 4 is still around. I doubt they could still make a profit at that price unless they're using older tech.

I really believe they can make a nice profit even from $200-300. Dont have the exact numbers of course but i guess the production of each phone + shipping + other stuff cost A LOT less.....

Posted

"the lower-cost iPhone 5C at between $400 and $500" yeah that sure is cheaper then $199 on a plan.

And let the idiots line up to buy this phone lol.

Posted

"the lower-cost iPhone 5C at between $400 and $500" yeah that sure is cheaper then $199 on a plan.

Apple fan boys/girls will buy anything Apple release, no matter what. Even if it will be a brown bag full with poop as long as it has the Apple logo on it  :rofl:  :rofl:

Posted

It looks like the iPhone 5C (5cheap?) is a downgrade even from the current iPhone 5. If that's the case, this would be the worst idea ever.

Posted

That's the off contract price. You do realize the iPhone 5 starts at $649 unlocked, and goes up to $849? No you probably don't...

This phone on contract (subsidized) will be cheaper than the flagship iPhone. 

Posted

Apple fan boys/girls will buy anything Apple release, no matter what. Even if it will be a brown bag full with poop as long as it has the Apple logo on it  :rofl:  :rofl:

How long can Apple continue to roll out the same product before people catch on?

and How awesome is that? a new iPhone5C, and just in time to start the new school year, i guess this phone is make for children lol 

Posted

That's the off contract price. You do realize the iPhone 5 starts at $649 unlocked, and goes up to $849? No you probably don't...

i guess you did't get the sarcastic part? 

Posted

"BGR..."

1 person likes this

Posted

I really believe they can make a nice profit even from $200-300. Dont have the exact numbers of course but i guess the production of each phone + shipping + other stuff cost A LOT less.....

Production + shipping + development

Sure, they can make some profit (maybe), at that price, but everyone seems to discount the whole development part.

Posted

The budget phones are usually not associated with contracts. At least talking about this part of the planet, contracts are generally avoided (and especially in the lower range) and most people buy their phones unlocked. So the $400-500 price tag is insane, especially if they're aiming to get a foothold in the developing countries.

Posted

How awesome is that? a new iPhone5C, and just in time to start the new school year, i guess this phone is make for children lol .

Posted

How long can Apple continue to roll out the same product before people catch on?

and How awesome is that? a new iPhone5C, and just in time to start the new school year, i guess this phone is make for children lol 

They are doing it for years now BUT in the last few iPhone releases people started to understand that a NEW iPhone release is actually not that new or exciting anymore. You can see it in statistics that they are loosing market share. But again, there will always be those who will buy Apple now matter what.

As i said before several times, if Apple wont really innovate soon they will be in trouble in the cell phone market. Of course that just my opinion.

Posted

If true, 400-500 is to much.  Should be max 350-400

Posted

That's actually not that bad of an idea at all, lol.

I wish this would mean that we could trade our iPhone 5 in for the newer model, but that is only possible in a dreamworld :p

They did offer a trade in program for a while IIRC? obviously not for the entire value of your old phone.

Posted

They are doing it for years now BUT in the last few iPhone releases people started to understand that a NEW iPhone release is actually not that new or exciting anymore. You can see it in statistics that they are loosing market share. But again, there will always be those who will buy Apple now matter what.

As i said before several times, if Apple wont really innovate soon they will be in trouble in the cell phone market. Of course that just my opinion.

i agree

Posted

This new CEO is a real bonehead! 1st he slaps the most loyal apple customers in the face when he changed the charging port on the latest phone forcing loyal apple customers to choose between replacing/buying ALL new adopters/devices that were all compatible to the old ports... Devices like home entertainment centers, chargers, movie playing devices, etc... or going with another maker... Now he's following that up with what I believe will be the sinker, with an ridiculously expensive phone!

anyway why would you buy a phone that spies on you 24.7 brainless.