Getting PC Ready for Battlefield 4? Any Upgrades needed

Hi All

Getting my Pre built PC ready for battlefield 4 later this year

System specs are listed below

Only change will be in software later this year is Windows 8.1, and Avast Antivirus Free 2014 (aka version 9 when out)  Willing to keep using WIndows Defender as well, just haven't fully decided yet)

Money wise can't afford too much, I think I can crossfire video with a 6570 video card with this APU so I may do that, after I upgrade the Power supply if I can afford that, not sure yet

Currently run Battlefield 3 on medium graphic settings

1600x900 resolution

Thank you all in advance

P.S. Had no choice but to get a new pre built PC, (person that controls my disability money, a family member stated No custom built this time, spend too much for those, they wanted me to get in June 2012 a pre built with a warranty)   So have to work with what I got unforuately

Think a Corasir Power supply, 500 watts in the future

Oh ok, well I guess will check more once the requirements are released and then go from there.    Thank you for replying though appreciate it

System Specs are

HP P6-2133W

HP Monitor: W2072a, 1600x900 Resolution

AMD A6-3620 APU with Radeon 6530D

8gb of DDR3 Ram-1333mhz currently

1tb hard drive

at&t dsl 6mb download/768 upload

Beats Audio, IDT High Definition

I'm not too familiar with all the models of AMD processors, so don't know how powerful those A6 chips really are. But I can say quite confidently that the on-board GFX chip is going to come down to it's knees with BF4. I'm on a Phenom II X4 with 16 GB RAM, a dedicated Radeon HD 5870 and a 22" 1920x1080 resolution display. I'm able to play BF3 on the setting just below Extreme.

Well can't upgrade the Radeon 6530D, built into the APU Chip, Framerates on battlefield 3 are good, nice and smooth playing, no noticeable lag that I can see on Medium Graphics Settings.  

I can possibly crossfire a Second card later on with the Radeon 6530D, 6570 one, but first i'll have to upgrade the Power Supply to support that. 

Currently using

Avast Antivirus, haven't updated signature as yet to show that

Would be better if you could tell us how much you can afford?  Adding another 6570 in would prolly make BF4 playable but it would prolly be on medium settings or less. itll be using frostbite 3, BF 3 was using frostbite 2 so the game engine is going to kill off your gfx card as they'll maximise the use of it. You could always buy a 6570 when BF 4 is released then if your not getting the fps to make it play properly return it for a refund and save up for a decent gfx card

Well right now can't afford too much, minimum $100.00 is all I can spend right now if I had to, but I may just wait til battlefield 4 is released and check out the requirements fully, and go from there.  On a fixed income, had no choice but buy this pre built PC, so will have to make due as best I can with this for years to come...  

yeah, you may as well. I like to play with high gfx settings cus although i like the story's in stuff if i cant have really good detail it lets it down for me, it's like getting a cam version of a film then watching it blu ray even dvd. cam version lets the film down if you know what i mean

• 4 weeks later...

minimum specs

vista 32/64

amd athlon x2 2.8ghz

intel core 2 duo 2.4 ghz

4GB ram

Radeon 3870

Geforce 8800GT

512MB gfx ram

30 GB space

Recommended specs

Win8 64Bit

AMD 6 core cpu

Intel quad core cpu

8GB ram

Radeon 7870

Geforce 660 GTX

3GB gfx ram

30GB HD

psionicinversion, on 17 Sept 2013 - 17:23, said:

minimum specs

vista 32/64

amd athlon x2 2.8ghz

intel core 2 duo 2.4 ghz

4GB ram

Radeon 3870

Geforce 8800GT

512MB gfx ram

30 GB space

Recommended specs

Win8 64Bit

AMD 6 core cpu

Intel quad core cpu

8GB ram

Radeon 7870

Geforce 660 GTX

3GB gfx ram

30GB HD

pretty much if your PC will run BF3 well, itll be fine with BF4. (win 7 64bit is also fine)