39 posts in this topic

Posted

I never would have thought that I could use the term

post-37120-0-71785800-1376948519.jpg

Posted

I will gladly let others have my portion. I'm not selfish.

8 people like this

Posted

I'd like to "farm" dragonflies, if only for all the mosquitoes we have out here. :pinch:

1 person likes this

Posted

oh boy I better run and get one RIGHT NOW!!!!

Posted

When my uncle, a former Navy UDT (WW-2 version of a SEAL), taught all the cousins survival skills part of the lesson was cooking / eating grubs, grasshoppers, ants, etc. as well ss worms, snakes, frogs, and lizards. Not too bad, I still have a fondness for frog $ snake meat, and the big white grubs are rather nutty & sweet.

Posted

I will gladly donate my lifetimes supply of bug burgers to anyone who wants them.  :x

2 people like this

Posted

some insects are perfectly edible, while some not.

Posted

Ants larvae and eggs are quite delicious if prepared right. Cant believe how spoiled some people are.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ants larvae and eggs are quite delicious if prepared right. Cant believe how spoiled some people are.

How is feeling ill at the idea of eating a certain thing, spoiled?  People in some parts of China eat dog, and even consider -that- to be delicious.  Will you chow down on a poodle?

Posted

How is feeling ill at the idea of eating a certain thing, spoiled?

Because the mere idea of feeling ill at the idea is just like capitalist minimalism: A bourgeois whim.

Food is food.

Posted

Because the mere idea of feeling ill at the idea is just like capitalist minimalism: A bourgeois whim.

Food is food.

I just couldn't eat anymore kangaroo testicles. The weird part is, now I can't get enough of them.

2 people like this

Posted

I just couldn't eat anymore kangaroo testicles. The weird part is, now I can't get enough of them.

Never knew you could eat them. Good to know.

Here in Mexico many places serve either horse or bull's testicles.

Posted

Food is food.

Bull.

It's the society you grow up in which dictates the sort of things that may or may not turn your stomach when it comes to food, capitalism has bugger all to do with it,

2 people like this

Posted

I think I'll stick to eating plants.  :)

2 people like this

Posted

I always laugh when this news comes out...people saying eww and feeling ill...They're not just going to throw you a bowl of bugs and say "there you go chow down" Just like all food types they taste fine mixed and im 99% sure if insects got added to your favourite dishes you'd be none the wiser. Im 100% behind this movement  and think the quicker we solve problems of hunger the better.

Posted

So after 18 days we have 1kg of .... "larvae protein". 

Did anyone tried this? Wonder what does it taste like (I'm  not interested tho, I'm highly susceptible by the looks of food). 

It does look yummy doesn't it? :D 

insects-header-590x325.jpg

Posted

I could eat that. I've had bugs before, but they came with wings, and those are hard to chew.

Posted

I find the idea of eating any kind of an insect to be repulsive.

If I'm lost in taiga, I'll stick to berries and nuts as a worst case scenario. Thank you. 

It is better to sleep alone than with whomever;

It is better to starve than eat whatever.

Omar Khayyam

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh you know - people have different tastes around the world.  You get more and more up onto your soapbox each day, and labeling people as bourgeois makes you no better than those you seem to feel somehow superior to.

Posted

Im 100% behind this movement and think the quicker we solve problems of hunger the better.

The only problems with world hunger are distribution and profiteering. As far as actual production goes, there is plenty for everyone.

2 people like this

Posted

The only problems with world hunger are distribution and profiteering.

This!

Posted

I always laugh when this news comes out...people saying eww and feeling ill...They're not just going to throw you a bowl of bugs and say "there you go chow down" Just like all food types they taste fine mixed and im 99% sure if insects got added to your favourite dishes you'd be none the wiser. Im 100% behind this movement  and think the quicker we solve problems of hunger the better.

Well, its the thought of eating insects that sound gross.

Posted

How do you know who those bugs slept with ... :huh:

Posted

I'll stick to lab grown burgers if it comes to it.

I don't mind what's on my christmas plate, as long as it's got yorkshire puddings.

Posted

Bull.

It's the society you grow up in which dictates the sort of things that may or may not turn your stomach when it comes to food, capitalism has bugger all to do with it,

Are you saying western societies are not a product of capitalism?