Looking for an MMORPG

0 Demos to try the game before you buy it. 

Like SableRecon17 above me said, you can try it for free from August 23rd till August 25th

If you want to run raids with 10-20 people, then yeah, I guess D3 isn't for you.

If you run in close knit groups with friends, D3 is just the same. The only difference is that you don't get to stand in town with hundreds of people to show off your gear.

And in MMORPG you don't grind? Go to a place X to slaughter beasts Y or to pick up items Z. The words change, the environment changes, but the essence is the same. At least in D3, there's a progression in difficulty. And on HC, your adrenaline level goes through the roof - something that I haven't experienced in any MMORPG. The only thing that comes close is the anticipation of loot just before you kill a boss, and then someone rolls higher than you did and you're like meh...In D3, all loot is yours. And killing a boss on a higher difficulty level for the first time is more rewarding (because of the risk of dying, talking about HC).

So, from my perspective, it goes like this:

Play any MMORPG if you want to relax and kill time.

Play D3 HC if you want some real action which makes you sweat.

I've been getting into HC on Diablo 3 and I can attest to this rush you describe. It's a lot more fun and more engaging than normal D3 with the relentless paragon level grinding. I've died a few times and it sucked, but I enjoyed the journey a lot more. A buddy and I are going at it right now and I think we will make it to 60 with our current duo if we play it safe. If not we have some a few levels back ready to take the reigns. :)

Just tried the free weekend that GW2 was having.  Really enjoyed it.  Probably will be my next MMO once I find the time :D

• 1 month later...

0 Demos to try the game before you buy it. 

I realize this is a little late but I've posted in the official GW2 thread every time Anet has done a free weekend for GW2. They have done them 3 or 4 times in the last year.

Coincidentally there is one going on right now that snuck in under the radar:

https://register.guildwars2.com/trial

You must be new at this genre of game. D3 HC is far too simple. Path of Exile, on the other hand, can be much more difficult and challenging.

That doesn't really make any sense what-so-ever considering D3's difficulty is completely arbitrary.  Have you played through D3 HC all on MP10?  Just sayin.  But it is OT because it isn't an MMORPG.

I'm kind of itching for an MMO as well.  Thinking about picking up mists of panda bears for $20 at walmart.  Haven't played through that expansion yet...

Not really too much of an MMO but Torchlight 2 is awesome... It's good if you just wanna play with a group of friends and not mess with 15-20USD/mo access fee.