Sony @ Gamescom 2013

Were I a Japanese gamer id take anything with Sony on it and move it to the garbage heap. Not releasing a Playstation in their home market, the market that made them? What is it with this generation? Is it because my fellow Gen x people are in charge? If so, understandable, we are a generation of morons. Otherwise, I don't know what. This is unacceptable from Sony, and I don't care what they do at TGS, too late.

Were I a Japanese gamer id take anything with Sony on it and move it to the garbage heap. Not releasing a Playstation in their home market, the market that made them? What is it with this generation? Is it because my fellow Gen x people are in charge? If so, understandable, we are a generation of morons. Otherwise, I don't know what. This is unacceptable from Sony, and I don't care what they do at TGS, too late.

Sony will announce the release date for Japan at its SCEJA press conference, I think it will likely be the first region to get the PS4. 

Sony will announce the release date for Japan at its SCEJA press conference, I think it will likely be the first region to get the PS4. 

That would actually surprise me.  Normally I would agree that Japan would get the Sony console first, but since they announced it first in NA, it makes me wonder.

I wonder if that will include more than Japan, or if the rest of the Asian region comes later.

Any further announcements won't matter. That was the ultimate slap to the face. It was Sony dissing their roots and home base audience. Unthinkably bad. For me its ok, I'm not from Japan or have anything to do directly with Japan, but I am putting myself in their place.

Any further announcements won't matter. That was the ultimate slap to the face. It was Sony dissing their roots and home base audience. Unthinkably bad. For me its ok, I'm not from Japan or have anything to do directly with Japan, but I am putting myself in their place.

Why, exactly?

I still think "Japan" should have been the first word out of their mouths. MS always mentions the US first, and they are far less American than Sony is Japanese. But I guess they want to change that. Maybe they'll make up for this misstep somehow.