Photo

Sony @ Gamescom 2013

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#151 Vandalsquad

Vandalsquad

Neowinian

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:35

Glad to have a launch date for Australia, But did anyone notice it IS NOT launching in Japan?  :huh:

#152 OP trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:33

Yeah I noticed that.  My guess is that they will announce that at the TGS event.  The Asian territories might be a few months after NA and Europe.

#153 +dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:41

First of all, how about if we want to talk about MS, we move it to the MS Gamescom thread.

Well, if they'd only stop posting here. :p

#154 OP trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:44

Well, if they'd only stop posting here. :p

I agree, so we will start just ignoring them, how about that?

#155 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:09

Were I a Japanese gamer id take anything with Sony on it and move it to the garbage heap. Not releasing a Playstation in their home market, the market that made them? What is it with this generation? Is it because my fellow Gen x people are in charge? If so, understandable, we are a generation of morons. Otherwise, I don't know what. This is unacceptable from Sony, and I don't care what they do at TGS, too late.

#156 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:08

Were I a Japanese gamer id take anything with Sony on it and move it to the garbage heap. Not releasing a Playstation in their home market, the market that made them? What is it with this generation? Is it because my fellow Gen x people are in charge? If so, understandable, we are a generation of morons. Otherwise, I don't know what. This is unacceptable from Sony, and I don't care what they do at TGS, too late.

Sony will announce the release date for Japan at its SCEJA press conference, I think it will likely be the first region to get the PS4. 

#157 OP trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 August 2013 - 16:06

Sony will announce the release date for Japan at its SCEJA press conference, I think it will likely be the first region to get the PS4. 

That would actually surprise me.  Normally I would agree that Japan would get the Sony console first, but since they announced it first in NA, it makes me wonder.

I wonder if that will include more than Japan, or if the rest of the Asian region comes later.

#158 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:07

Any further announcements won't matter. That was the ultimate slap to the face. It was Sony dissing their roots and home base audience. Unthinkably bad. For me its ok, I'm not from Japan or have anything to do directly with Japan, but I am putting myself in their place.

#159 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 24 August 2013 - 17:53

Any further announcements won't matter. That was the ultimate slap to the face. It was Sony dissing their roots and home base audience. Unthinkably bad. For me its ok, I'm not from Japan or have anything to do directly with Japan, but I am putting myself in their place.

Why, exactly?

#160 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:13

Soniq, its a Sony machine. With no word of releasing in Japan. Its really insulting.

#161 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:42

Doesn't mean they;re not releasing in Japan. This conference wasn't aimed at the Asian market. 

#162 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 27 August 2013 - 16:32

They have a press event scheduled for Setember 9th ahead of TGS for full information on date and pricing for Japan territories.

#163 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:23

I still think "Japan" should have been the first word out of their mouths. MS always mentions the US first, and they are far less American than Sony is Japanese. But I guess they want to change that. Maybe they'll make up for this misstep somehow.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!