MS @ Gamescom 2013

The irony...lol.

It's not ironic at all, there is a huge difference between "better with broadband" and "you now have ?1000+ worth of bluray player".

I know this was posted on the front page, but I thought I would mention a specific part of it here.  I'll link to the article I'm referring to:

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/123043-xbox-one-ui-eyes-on-first-look-at-the-new-console-s-user-experience

The rest of the article is pretty informative, but the part I'm most interested in is regarding remote control.  As a heavy home theater user, this kind of stuff interests me:

Now that is just cool.  I was wondering how they would leverage the ir tech, but this is great.  I can control all of my devices via voice commands that I setup using a database of device controls like my Harmony remote control does with the Logitech software.

It may matter little to most of you, but its this kind of stuff that home theater users like myself appreciate.  The rest of the article makes a lot of good points about how the OS is going to work.  For you social media fans, the twitter-like follower feature should be very welcome.

Very handy feature, most amplifiers and tv's use IR also so it should work with almost all.

The kinect has its advantages :)