Xbox One Launch Game Titles Confirmed

gamescon xbox one

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 20 August 2013 - 18:27

It's always a good idea to base your entire decision to buy a brand new console based on LAUNCH TITLES only.   :s

Let's think back a couple years ago. Many people complained about the launch lineup of the 3ds and used that as a reason not to buy one right away. So why is the xbox exempt from similar treatment?

#17 CUBBYJR2005

CUBBYJR2005

Neowinian

Posted 20 August 2013 - 18:38

the launch list isn't thrilling to me 

#18 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 20 August 2013 - 18:41

Let's think back a couple years ago. Many people complained about the launch lineup of the 3ds and used that as a reason not to buy one right away. So why is the xbox exempt from similar treatment?

Neither system has a strong lineup so that's why I'm not in a rush to buy either on day one.  

#19 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 20 August 2013 - 18:42

Even after that awful gameplay video they released of the Arena? It looks soo boring.

I believe that was just a demo level to show off the combat to the press.  It was a reaction to the worries that it was all QTE stuff.  We still need to see more gameplay.

I would refrain from arguing over how good the launch lineup is anyway.  Its all subjective.  The only good thing is that there is a wide range of titles.  Both Sony's and MS' lineups are good in quantity, just pick the ones you like and be done with it.

#20 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 20 August 2013 - 18:49

That is right, actually. Many of them are sports, which aren't worth buying a new console for. Several others are available on other platforms(including pc). And the couple that would be good(say, forza, for example) aren't worth $500 on thier own.

But, of course, to someone like you this is probably the best lineup in the history of... ever.

So you're not going to buy a Xbox one or PS4 then I take it. 

#21 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 20 August 2013 - 18:49

That is right, actually. Many of them are sports, which aren't worth buying a new console for. Several others are available on other platforms(including pc). And the couple that would be good(say, forza, for example) aren't worth $500 on thier own.

But, of course, to someone like you this is probably the best lineup in the history of... ever.

I agree. The only thing that really had my interests was Titanfall, but that has seemingly slipped through their fingers as it's due to release on PC as well. Granted, I also completely forgot about Titanfall when I saw Destiny, even though they are different games hahah. I just didn't expect Destiny to look so good.

Will have to see what other content comes out later down the road.

So you're not going to buy a Xbox one or PS4 then I take it. 

Oh no, an opinion that differs from your own! Seriously man, get off his junk. You don't agree, great, get over it. :sleep2:

#22 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 20 August 2013 - 18:54

I agree. The only thing that really had my interests was Titanfall, but that has seemingly slipped through their fingers as it's due to release on PC as well. Granted, I also completely forgot about Titanfall when I saw Destiny, even though they are different games hahah. I just didn't expect Destiny to look so good.

Will have to see what other content comes out later down the road.

Oh no, an opinion that differs from your own! Seriously man, get off his junk. You don't agree, great, get over it. :sleep2:

Honestly, both of them are arguing about what games the other should like. 

I get tired of people trying to attack others because they like certain games or a certain lineup.  If you like one over another, great, just don't try to claim that means something is crap.

#23 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 20 August 2013 - 18:55

The only exclusive title that looked somewhat interesting was Ryse. I think the setting has a lot of potential and it's an action game with a horde mode which is right up my ally. Unfortunately, after the terrible E3 showcase and the new Polygon interview video that was released today, I can safely say all of my anticipation for the game has dissipated. Now, I'm just waiting for reviews and let's-play videos to see whether it's a total abortion or worth playing at least once.

#24 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 20 August 2013 - 18:56

It's not a fantastic launch lineup on exclusives, but nothing Sony has announced is either.  I'm putting PC gaming on the backburner for late 2013 and all of 2014, not spending another cent on it after recent experiences if I can help it.  (Hell, just today I got Splinter Cell: Blacklist...and it won't launch, which seems entirely too normal for Ubisoft PC games.)

So I'll probably grab quite a few of those, though not right away.

#25 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 20 August 2013 - 19:17

It's not a fantastic launch lineup on exclusives, but nothing Sony has announced is either.  I'm putting PC gaming on the backburner for late 2013 and all of 2014, not spending another cent on it after recent experiences if I can help it.  (Hell, just today I got Splinter Cell: Blacklist...and it won't launch, which seems entirely too normal for Ubisoft PC games.)

So I'll probably grab quite a few of those, though not right away.

I never buy anything by Ubi Soft or EA on PC.

But there's more than enough games by other companies to have plenty of fun on PC. In fact i've not played a game by EA or Ubi Soft in the last 4 years (last one was Dragon Age) and i don't miss then at all.

#26 freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

Posted 20 August 2013 - 19:25

only if those fools released dead space 4 for the new gens... tisk tisk

#27 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 20 August 2013 - 21:00

I never buy anything by Ubi Soft or EA on PC.

But there's more than enough games by other companies to have plenty of fun on PC. In fact i've not played a game by EA or Ubi Soft in the last 4 years (last one was Dragon Age) and i don't miss then at all.

They make great games, if Ubi could get things right they'd be awesome...now I know how to work around it at least.

#28 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 August 2013 - 23:55

If I were getting a console at launch, I'd probably be looking at CoD, Ryse, and/or Watch Dogs.  Not a bad lineup for launch games really.  Nothing special, but stuff a broad range of people could get into I think.

#29 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 521

Posted 21 August 2013 - 00:04

Looks like everyone is looking for that AAA killer launch title. Instead, there are a lot of good games.

Halo for the OG Xbox was the last killer AAA game available at launch. It's been 10+ years since.

Good launch titles nonetheless.

#30 +Preppy

Preppy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 August 2013 - 00:17

Lego Marvel Super Heroes and Peggle 2 both sound like great fun.  The Lego games are sneaky-fun.