Xbox One Launch Game Titles Confirmed

I never buy anything by Ubi Soft or EA on PC.

But there's more than enough games by other companies to have plenty of fun on PC. In fact i've not played a game by EA or Ubi Soft in the last 4 years (last one was Dragon Age) and i don't miss then at all.

They make great games, if Ubi could get things right they'd be awesome...now I know how to work around it at least.

If I were getting a console at launch, I'd probably be looking at CoD, Ryse, and/or Watch Dogs.  Not a bad lineup for launch games really.  Nothing special, but stuff a broad range of people could get into I think.

Looks like everyone is looking for that AAA killer launch title. Instead, there are a lot of good games.

Halo for the OG Xbox was the last killer AAA game available at launch. It's been 10+ years since.

Good launch titles nonetheless.

Not a very exciting list if i'm honest. Doesn't really seem to be a big time system seller there.

So the 2 biggest multi-platform games there is aren't system sellers?

So the 2 biggest multi-platform games there is aren't system sellers?

I would think by system seller he means Xbox exclusive system seller. A multi-platform game isn't going to specifically sell one system or another.

I would think by system seller he means Xbox exclusive system seller. A multi-platform game isn't going to specifically sell one system or another.

I refer to all my friends who aren't buying the equivalent games on the 360 and waiting for the X1 editions.

Would someone please buy the rights to Shenmue from Sega already.

Remake the series, in stunning Next Gen quality, while bundling in the original version (part 1&2)...

And get part 3 made already.

Or Sega, if you wants $$$ just do it yourselves... And people will throw $$$ wherever you are I the world.

As much as i want this (best game ever made imo). It won't happen. While Shenmue does have a cult fanbase, it just doesn't seem popular enough to risk an investment.

As the only way to do the third and final part justice would be to better the older games. You won't be able to get away with a digital only title. It would need a AAA budget.

I agree they should release a HD pack of the games and see how it sells. This would be a good indication of how much interest is in the series.

Shenmue while groundbreaking for it's time, really would not work now with a massive revamp.  Go back and play it.  The game play is just outright clunky and awful.

That being said, I have no idea what Shenmue has to do with the Xbox One launch games.

Based on the list of launch games for both consoles, MS has a more well rounded list but both aren't great.  Although these game lists are WAY better than the 360/PS3 launches.  Those were terrible.

Shenmue while groundbreaking for it's time, really would not work now with a massive revamp.  Go back and play it.  The game play is just outright clunky and awful.

That being said, I have no idea what Shenmue has to do with the Xbox One launch games.

Based on the list of launch games for both consoles, MS has a more well rounded list but both aren't great.  Although these game lists are WAY better than the 360/PS3 launches.  Those were terrible.

I remember the first game I got for my 360 was Halo 2 (an Xbox title) and I waited till Gears Of War was released before I actually bought a 360 title.

I'm a massive Forza fan so that is pretty much the selling "exclusive" title, other than that its pretty much cross platform games i'm looking forward to. It always amazes me that MS and Sony don't work closer with their first party IP's and get big games like Halo or Uncharted released on launch also.

I like to think the majority no matter who their current allegiance may be look at games first when it comes to new titles and coming in with the big guns could possible sway a few people rather than the lists they are both pumping out at the moment.

They save the big games till later because the first six months are early adopters who will get the platforms anyway. Big games down the line maintain momentum. I'm personally fine with the launch lineup for both, honestly I think its the best of any console generation.

They save the big games till later because the first six months are early adopters who will get the platforms anyway. Big games down the line maintain momentum. I'm personally fine with the launch lineup for both, honestly I think its the best of any console generation.

I have to agree.  I can't remember the last console release where I actually wanted more than a couple games day one.  That's why I usually don't get these things at launch, but this time around is different.

I remember getting a ps2 early and 'The Bouncer' was the only decent game out at the moment.

Precisely. PS2 lined up outside Best Buy all night, only to get Tekken Tag...and Ridge Racer. This time I got three times that preordered per console. Pretty good for day one.

Precisely. PS2 lined up outside Best Buy all night, only to get Tekken Tag...and Ridge Racer. This time I got three times that preordered per console. Pretty good for day one.

Riiiidge Racerrrrrrrrr......

ahem, nevermind *grin*

I most want Titanfall, Dying Light and Mirror's Edge 2 but the launch stuff is pretty decent :)

Haha resisted the Ridge Racer wisecrack, tho to be fair that was PS3, not PS2. And yeah man, id love Titanfall and Destiny as day one for either console, alas we gotta wait!