3 replies to this topic

#1 John Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 656 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 13:03

Exclusive Xbox One features coming for FIFA 14, Call of Duty Ghosts and more
by John Callaham

Microsoft has 23 games it says will be ready for the launch of the Xbox One this November, and many of the titles developed and published by third parties will have features that will be exclusive to the Xbox One version.

The Xbox Wire website reveals that people who buy the Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions of EA's soccer game FIFA 14 will be the only ones that will be able to access virtual versions of classic soccer players like Pele’, Patrick Viera, Freddie Ljungberg, Ruud Gullit and Gary Linekar, as part of the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team. Each of these classic players will have their own unique look and attributes. Microsoft states that they will be randomly included in Ultimate Team Gold Packs. It adds:

Fans will be able to acquire Legends in packs or through the Transfer Market, and then compete with their squads in special tournaments that showcase the skills and flair that made each of these players legendary. Each legend will be available in packs for a limited time and at different times throughout the season.

Fans of the Call of Duty franchise will be able to play the Xbox One version of the next game in the series, Call of Duty: Ghosts, with exclusive dedicated servers on Microsoft's Xbox Live Cloud service. European countries will also be able to buy a Call of Duty: Ghosts Xbox One bundle that will include both the console and the game, along with unnamed exclusive content.

Finally, Ubisoft will offer Xbox One players of its upcoming action-MMO game Tom Clancy's The Division some exclusive content as well, although specifics were not announced.

Source: Microsoft | Image via EA

#2 mega31

mega31

Neowinian

• 44 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 13:29

I read wire, and this is what i came across

Mark Rubin, Executive Producer at Infinity Ward, took to the stage at the Xbox Showcase to announce “Call of Duty: Ghosts” on Xbox One will use Xbox Live Cloud hosting to provide dedicated servers for multiplayer matches, ensuring the best multiplayer experience will be on Xbox One.

So does that possibly mean Dedicated server is exclusive to Xbox One? Sure sounds like it, interesting news, the console is much better than in the first place :)

#3 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

Neowinian

• 1,035 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:16

Mark Rubin, Executive Producer at Infinity Ward, took to the stage at the Xbox Showcase to announce “Call of Duty: Ghosts” on Xbox One will use Xbox Live Cloud hosting to provide dedicated servers for multiplayer matches, ensuring the best multiplayer experience will be on Xbox One.

So does that possibly mean Dedicated server is exclusive to Xbox One? Sure sounds like it, interesting news, the console is much better than in the first place :)

Cant explain how happy this makes me feel. Such a killer feature to have exclusively due to cloud powah.

#4 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 10,539 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:19

I noticed that too. Real solid feature to have to set it apart.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!