4 replies to this topic

#1 vetJohn Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 666 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 13:46

Microsoft to release Killer Instinct for Xbox One via several price points
by John Callaham

Microsoft is trying something a little different when it comes to the release of Killer Instinct for the Xbox One. The revival of the classic fighting game series, originally developed by Rare, is being handled by Double Helix as a download only launch title title for Microsoft's next generation game console.

We've already reported that the Xbox One version of Killer Instinct will allow owners of the console to download the game and play one character for free in multiplayer and in its full single player campaign. Today, Microsoft announced at Gamescom that each additional Killer Instinct character can be downloaded for $4.99 each.

In addition, Microsoft will offer two Killer Instinct downloadable bundle packs. One, the Combo Breaker Pack, will cost $19.99 and will give players access to eight characters. Six of those characters will be available at launch and the other two will be released later. The Ultra Edition will cost $39.99 and will include everything in the Combo Breaker Pack, plus more character costumes and accessory packs, along with the original Killer Instinct arcade game.

Microsoft also announced today that the tomahawk-based Native American character Thunder will officially join the new Killer Instinct fighter lineup, alongside Jago, Sabrewulf and Glacius.

Source: Microsoft | Image via Microsoft

#2 Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

• 800 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 13:52

I don't know if I want to pay for the character costumes or not. I am purchasing this game though.

#3 Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,849 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 20 August 2013 - 14:12

Well you don't pay for the game, it's free either way. You pay for characters so guess you have no choice. Jago comes included.

I was always a Cinder man (sometimes SaberWolf) but I gotta really love it to go for more than Jago (assuming i'm getting the Xbox One since it's not on 360 :( )

#4 Rudy

Rudy

Neowinian Senior

• 22,407 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 14:13

I miss when fighting games came out of the box with all the characters and the hidden ones only required some odd button combination to unlock :/

#5 Tonicgoofy

Tonicgoofy

Neowinian

• 75 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 14:20

I miss when fighting games came out of the box with all the characters and the hidden ones only required some odd button combination to unlock :/

Well you can do that, it would cost you $39. Which is less than a retail priced game.