Yes, the iPhone 5S must be gold

iphone-5-gold-4.jpg?w=870

Back in 2010, 3G device sales in North America outpaced China and India by 185 million vs. 114 million. That?s when the collective taste of American consumers still mattered a lot. But in 2013, China and India will outpace North America by 256 million vs. 215 million. Smartphone market is now defined by Asian tastes. And since they love yellow gold in China, that is a good color for a phone, regardless of whether or not it?s deemed tacky by Americans.

But is yellow gold tacky even in the U.S. and Europe any more? That is not clear. White gold became the cool, sophisticated option in 1990s and 2000s as a part of the backlash against tacky 1980s. Chunky yellow gold jewelry was associated with shoulder pads, big hair and Falcon Crest.

But the definition of fashion is that it keeps cycling ? and U.S. retailers have been itching for years to force women to start revising their collections and switching back to yellow gold. White gold used to look sophisticated back in late Nineties ? but now it?s all over Zales and it has lost its high-end niche. Go to any New York jewelry store today and you?ll hear that yellow gold is the warm and grounded choice, while white gold is cold and going out of style. So yes, now is the perfect time for Apple to debut a gold iPhone 5S.

?In Europe, white is over, and yellow is king again.?

?Yellow gold is coming back, it compliments diamonds and other colored stones.?

This is precisely the right moment to put out a garish yellow gold phone ? the zeitgeist is shifting. The 1980s don?t look so bad with the current unemployment and wage growth statistics. Apple sometimes has the knack of taking a nascent trend and banking it.

It will sell like crazy in Arab countries for example. They really love anything and everything with gold....... (not trying to offend anyone, it's a fact)

Meh. Introducing the new iPhone in more colors/metal, revolutionary  :rofl: Can't wait to see people line up for this - just boggles my mind 

In that pic it is looking more plain yellow than gold yellow. But I can't wait to see it in person. If I find it appealing, I will buy it.... Sheikh style ftw  :p

is jobs would be alive, he would have died again seeing what apple is trying to do

Why do people act like Apple never released a product of theirs in multiple colors while Job's was alive and CEO? Like this must of existed in an alternate reality... http://images.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/images/welcome_mini.jpg

is jobs would be alive, he would have died again seeing what apple is trying to do

Absolutely. Garish-colored iPhones, and possibly two models released at the same time (5 and 5C). Be careful Apple, tred lightly.

The reason this is sad..

They can not come up with new useful features so they are trying to market their product to the people that only by Apple for the name. 

It will sell like crazy in Arab countries for example. They really love anything and everything with gold....... (not trying to offend anyone, it's a fact)

don't be too sure mr president ;)

/Romanov 

Maybe this was one of Jobs ideas, after all I thought he had plans for his company after death :p

tumblr_m13z9vQVHH1r6lvi3o1_500.jpg

har har har

• Like 1