'How I Met Your Mother' Spinoff Still A Possibility

shot_6.png

It may not be over yet! "How I Met Your Mother" could get a spinoff, according to executive producer Carter Bays.

Bays recently told TV Guide that he's "not ruling out the possibility of a relationship-themed spinoff" of "How I Met Your Mother."

Could that be Marshall (Jason Segel) and Lily (Alyson Hannigan)? Or maybe Robin (Cobie Smulders) and Barney (Neil Patrick Harris)?

A representative for CBS told The Huffington Post that the network is focusing on the final season of "How I Met Your Mother" right now, but this isn't the first time the brains behind the hit comedy have talked about a potential spinoff.

In early 2012, "How I Met Your Mother" executive producer Craig Thomas jokingly told TVLine, ?We?ve had conversations about rewinding back to 2005 and doing a series called 'How I Met Your Father.' From the perspective of what was happening with the Mother all those years. Occasionally, she?ll stumble through McLaren?s and no one will see her.?

The news made "How I Met Your Mother" fans go crazy over theories about who could be the center of the spinoff. Of course, this was before the Mother, played by Cristin Milioti, was revealed in the Season 8 finale.

The entire ninth and final season of "How I Met Your Mother" will take place over the course of the weekend of Barney and Robin's wedding. In addition to lots of Milioti, expect to see Wayne Brady and John Lithgow return as Barney's brother and father. "The View's" Sherri Shepherd and "Office" alumna Ellie Kemper are also joining "How I Met Your Mother" for Season 9.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/19/how-i-met-your-mother-spinoff_n_3779976.html

I had enough of HIMYM. It's time to end and I don't want to see more spinoffs or whatever.

But I wouldn't mind if they make something focused on Barney. I watched the show just because of that awesome dude.