Photo

Teens charged after 'thrill kill' of Australian student

oklahoma first-degree murder baseball scholarship $1 million bond .22 caliber revolver

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,479 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 19:42

Thats a load of crap, if they dont know at the age of 15 16,17 that killing someone is wrong that is not a parental issue, they obviously just dont care and are arseholes and deserve to die, cus its morons like that in the world that bring it down

It is a parenting issue. My guess is the kids have never been punished for doing a single wrong thing in their lives and Call of Duty is a better parent to them than their actual parents.

I'm not saying video games made them violent. I'm saying their parents likely didn't want anything to do with their children which is why one of the dads could say "my kid could never do anything like that" or something similar. He didn't know a single thing about his kid.

#122 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 19:52

It is a parenting issue. My guess is the kids have never been punished for doing a single wrong thing in their lives and Call of Duty is a better parent to them than their actual parents.

I'm not saying video games made them violent. I'm saying their parents likely didn't want anything to do with their children which is why one of the dads could say "my kid could never do anything like that" or something similar. He didn't know a single thing about his kid.

Not really. Not in this town. You can be parent #1! and still end up with that kind of kid here in Lawton/Duncan. Read my posts about the situation in the schools. There is no way to keep your kid from being influenced into this kind of behavior. All the good parenting in the world will not do much to stop everyone at the school pushing you into that kind of behavior. It is completely on the kids by that age. Whether you had good or bad parents is irrelevant. I know plenty of people that had terrible parents and didn't end up like this while others had great parents and didn't end up stable. People who say its a parenting issue without knowing the actually situation are over simplifying it.

#123 +timster

timster

Neowinian Senior

• 2,312 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 23 August 2013 - 19:59

Putting a bunch of thugs in a room together, and not making sure they're supervised, is not exactly smart.

it is if the room is caged! let em all ####ing kill each other

#124 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 14,344 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 20:09

it is if the room is caged! let em all ****ing kill each other

Hunger Games for real? :p

#125 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,429 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:19

How about some, like, History, Psychology, Social Science, Music, Philosophy, and Political Science?

The more, the better.

#126 Coagulated

Coagulated

Neowinian

• 479 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 19:10

As a parent of 2 myself (13 and 10), I'm fully willing to accept punishment if they behave so badly that the law gets involved.  It means that I have failed in MY responsibility to bring up decently behaved kids!

Got it in one.

People do not like to take responsibility these days, there's always somebody else to blame / sue.  Such a shame you could never successfully implement an aptitude test for procreation!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!