58 posts in this topic

Posted

Since the season began June 1, the Atlantic has produced five named tropical storms but no hurricanes. On average, the first hurricane forms by Aug. 10 and the second by Aug. 28. As of Tuesday, the National Hurricane Center was reporting no activity on the radar, and

Posted

Global warming....

3 people like this

Posted

I farted and blew them all away.

7 people like this

Posted

I was thinking about this the other day. This summer at least here in the south has been very mild and very rainy. We have had record breaking amounts of rain and records for lowest high temps. The massive hurricanes came when we were in really hot temp and during a drought.  I've never seen this much rain during the summer or such cool temps, something is weird about all of this

1 person likes this

Posted

I was thinking about this the other day. This summer at least here in the south has been very mild and very rainy. We have had record breaking amounts of rain and records for lowest high temps. The massive hurricanes came when we were in really hot temp and during a drought.  I've never seen this much rain during the summer or such cool temps, something is weird about all of this

Probably a precursor to a mega-cane. Or sharknado.

I've been stuck in a hurricane the last two years, and I live in a mostly hurricane free area, so... I'd be ok with a year or two off.

Posted

So we're a whole ELEVEN days past the average for the first hurricane, something that's happened roughly a third of the time since we've been keeping track, and we've already had 5 named storms, just not hurricanes.

So what do you mean where have all the hurricanes gone? This discussion is a little premature is it not?

Speak for yourself, Georgia. It's been upper 80s to lower 90s and stupid high humidity all summer in NC. Not really what I'd call cool temps here, but certainly not a hot year. It's been pretty much dead on average temperatures. Very rainy though, yes. I can probably count on one hand the number of times we've gone 2 days without rain this summer.

Posted

... something is weird about all of this

I know where they have 'gone' ...

post-37120-0-88142800-1377101836.jpg

post-37120-0-80951000-1377101852.jpg

post-37120-0-28494700-1377101871.jpg

Posted

I dread years like this one. I hope the next big killer is not lurking around the corner, but if I was a betting man I would bet it is.

Posted

The global warmers don't like hearing this, but hurricanes have a decades long cycle. Same as North American droughts. There may be spikes & dips mid-cycle, but a "caused by GW" proof they do not make. Sorry.

2 people like this

Posted

So we're a whole ELEVEN days past the average for the first hurricane, something that's happened roughly a third of the time since we've been keeping track, and we've already had 5 named storms, just not hurricanes.

So what do you mean where have all the hurricanes gone? This discussion is a little premature is it not?

Speak for yourself, Georgia. It's been upper 80s to lower 90s and stupid high humidity all summer in NC. Not really what I'd call cool temps here, but certainly not a hot year. It's been pretty much dead on average temperatures. Very rainy though, yes. I can probably count on one hand the number of times we've gone 2 days without rain this summer.

Well then maybe its just Georgia and maybe Alabama. Last week we had a few days were the highs were in the low 60's. Considering last summer we had a month of 95-100 degree temps and almost no rain, this is quite the change. Rain wise I think this whole summer we have had just 1 or 2 days a week where its not raining. 

Posted

I know where they have 'gone' ...

what in the world does a condensation trail have to do with this?

3 people like this

Posted

Well then maybe its just Georgia and maybe Alabama. Last week we had a few days were the highs were in the low 60's. Considering last summer we had a month of 95-100 degree temps and almost no rain, this is quite the change. Rain wise I think this whole summer we have had just 1 or 2 days a week where its not raining. 

Yeah, last week was so nice. Too bad the humidity was still sticking around. I don't mind higher temperatures, it's the humidity I can't stand.

Posted

I was thinking about this the other day. Loss of property and life is always terrible but I get a little pumped up about crazy weather (even if it's hitting my location). Maybe i'm one of those weather junkies but growing up as a kid we had several hurricanes in the Caribbean so it was more of a crazy fun day(s) rather than being scared. We were supposed to have some thunderstorms last month that might knock out power and hail and all that and nope, nothing..... son I am disappoint :(

So while i'm happy there aren't any storms to knock out power and kill people and all that, I kinda do miss the power they show.

Posted

I heard the CIA fought them all off.

Posted

this doesn't mean anything . Sandy hit at the end of October last year.

Posted

they are taking a break.

Posted

global warming is such a hoax. when the south decreases, the north pole increases and vice-versa 

Posted

Sharkicane!

1 person likes this

Posted

oh good greif, some people are idiots...

Hahah I never knew that was a thing...I guess there's a conspiracy theory for everything!  :wacko: 

Posted

They've all gone to a world where they can enjoy a uniquely hurricaney lifestyle, responding to highly hurricane-orientated stimuli - in fact, leading the hurricane equivalent of the good life.

Posted

Sharkicane!

Yep they used all of them in the making of Sharknado 2 : Sharkphoon vs Sharkcane.

1 person likes this

Posted

oh good greif, some people are idiots...

Hum's convinced it's real... :p

Posted