6 replies to this topic

#1 John Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 656 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 00:08

Mad Catz announces Force Feedback Racing Wheel for Microsoft's Xbox One console
by John Callaham

Game console and PC accessory maker Mad Catz has already announced plans to release an arcade fighting controller made for Microsoft's upcoming Xbox One fighting game Killer Instinct. Today, the company announced that it would also release a new Force Feedback Racing Wheel accessory for the  Xbox One as well.

The official press release says that this new accessory will be perfect for a game like Microsoft's own highly anticipated Xbox One launch title Forza Motorsport 5. The press release states:

Designed to offer a highly authentic gaming experience, the genuine suede leather steering wheel houses a raft of technology, such as twin next generation Force Feedback motors and a luxury CNC anodized aluminum wheel face which can be removed from the wheel base should gamers wish to replace or upgrade in the future.

The racing wheel controller will also come with an adjustable pedal set that will give its owners a way to "adjust the spring resistance, height and spacing on the gas and brake pedals." A release date for the Mad Catz Force Feedback Racing Wheel has not been announced, not has its price, although we expect it to be on the expensive side.

Source: Mad Catz | Image via Mad Catz

#2 +D. FiB3R

D. FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• 6,793 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 800

Posted 22 August 2013 - 00:26

Doesn't look too bad, but I'm gonna hold out for a cross platform wheel from Fanatec.

#3 compl3x

compl3x

One day until retirement

• 7,284 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 22 August 2013 - 19:01

I always consider getting a wheel and then wonder if I should actually bother. What % of games actually support them? Is it just the racing sims or pretty much every racing game?

#4 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• 20,291 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 20:15

I wouldn't buy a Mad Catz controller if they where the only ones making it. 

#5 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,651 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 20:25

I hope Microsoft open it up this time so more third party wheels work.

I'd love to be able to use my G25 with Forza 5. I'm sure developers would love to give us these options too.

#6 HSoft

HSoft

Neowinian Senior

• 3,925 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 20:30

I'm still hoping that I'll be able to use my existing Fanatec wheel on the one, even if it means its no longer wireless (USB connection).

#7 +D. FiB3R

D. FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• 6,793 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 800

Posted 22 August 2013 - 22:31

I always consider getting a wheel and then wonder if I should actually bother. What % of games actually support them? Is it just the racing sims or pretty much every racing game?

Every racing game, and I'd highly recommend it. It's so much fun with a decent wheel.

I still pray for the day that GTA let's you use a wheel.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!