Jonathan Banks Enrolls In 'Community' Season 5

tumblr_mrhee4RuHX1ro5i92o1_400.gif

Former ?Breaking Bad? bad guy Giancarlo Esposito has made two guest appearances on ?Community? as Pierce Hawthorne?s half-brother, Gilbert. And next year, Esposito?s former ?Breaking Bad? enforcer will also be coming to Greendale? for a much longer stint.

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Jonathan Banks will appear in 11 of the 13 episodes of ?Community? Season 5 as Pat Nichols, Greendale?s intense criminology professor with a mysterious background in military and police work.? Annie (Alison Brie) will enroll in Professor Nichols? class in the second episode of the season. Apparently this means that returning showrunner, Dan Harmon will maintain Annie's new major from the fourth season.

Banks is currently nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama for his final season as Mike Ehrmantraut. Banks was previously nominated for his role on ?Wiseguy.? On television, Banks has appeared in ?Highlander: The Series,? ?Star Trek: Deep Space Nine,? ?ER,? ?Castle,? ?Parks and Recreation,? ?Modern Family? and ?Vegas.? Banks also starred in the recent NBC drama pilot, ?Bloodlines;? which did not get picked up.

In addition to his TV work, Banks has also appeared in dozens of films including 48 Hours, Beverly Hills Cop, Buckaroo Banzai, Freejack and Gremlins.

?Community? Season 5 is expected to debut in midseason 2014 on NBC.

http://www.craveonline.com/tv/articles/556343-jonathan-banks-enrolls-in-community-season-5

• 1 month later...

Fillion is guest starring!

When Annie (Alison Brie) and Professor Hickey (guest star Jonathan Banks) team up to navigate Greendale?s corridors of power, they must contend with Bob Waite (Fillion), the politically savvy head custodian who?s not afraid to get his hands dirty but is smart enough to wear rubber gloves.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/10/community-season-5-casting-news-nathan.html

Fillion is guest starring!

When Annie (Alison Brie) and Professor Hickey (guest star Jonathan Banks) team up to navigate Greendale?s corridors of power, they must contend with Bob Waite (Fillion), the politically savvy head custodian who?s not afraid to get his hands dirty but is smart enough to wear rubber gloves.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/10/community-season-5-casting-news-nathan.html

That sounds awesome  :woot:

Hopefully this season, it'll get Community back on track and we can all forget about last season.

TV shows are allowed to have one rubbish season.

Or it will be cancelled this season

Hopefully this season, it'll get Community back on track and we can all forget about last season.

TV shows are allowed to have one rubbish season.

Yeah, I'm not sure what it was but it didn't grab me in the same way as the other seasons.

Jonathan Banks and Nathan Fillion? I'm almost hopeful now...

Or it will be cancelled this season

Yes this is the most likely option. So hopefully season 5 is good and it goes out on a high. It would have annoyed me if it was cancelled after season 4.

Yeah, I'm not sure what it was but it didn't grab me in the same way as the other seasons.

Jonathan Banks and Nathan Fillion? I'm almost hopeful now...

I'd blame it on the writers. They went in a different direction with the show and it didn't work.

I realised the season was ruined when they introduced changnesia.

• 4 weeks later...

'Breaking Bad' creator Vince Gilligan to guest on 'Community' 

Vince Gilligan?s next project will take him in front of the camera: The Breaking Bad creator/executive producer will guest star in an episode of Community, EW has learned.

Gilligan will make his acting debut by playing a smooth-talking gold digger who winds up exacerbating a fight between Annie (Alison Brie) and Abed (Danny Pudi). The episode, which is being filmed this week, will likely air in late winter or early spring.

Gilligan, who also will exec produce AMC?s Breaking Bad spin-off Better Call Saul and CBS? detective drama Battle Creek, won?t be the only Bad alum appearing on NBC?s community college-set comedy this season. Jonathan Banks will play a criminology professor in 11 episodes. (Banks? former co-star Giancarlo Esposito popped up in seasons 3 and 4.)

Other famous faces who will grace season 5 of Community include Walton Goggins, Nathan Fillion, Robert Patrick, Paget Brewster, Kumail Nanjiani, Tim Heidecker, Eric Wareheim, Katie Leclerc, Ben Folds and Arrested Development creator Mitchell Hurwitz. John Oliver, Rob Corddry and Brie Larson are among the returning guests.

Community kicks off season 5 on Jan. 2.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/04/breaking-bad-creator-vince-gilligan-community/

• 3 weeks later...

Nathan Fillion as a guest star never bodes well for a show... :/ It reminds of how Boston Legal went down the drain: they ran out of ideas and just put Jerry running things (terrible season that led to a mercy killing).

Then were will I get my Allison Brie fix? If they added Anna Kendrick to the cast, I would EXPLODE! Figuratively, of course.

Castle is an exception because it has jumped the shark HARD in the last few seasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Duncan as well? A word has not yet been created that accurately describes how excited I am about this season; the closest thing I could come up with is HOLY-S**T.

• 2 weeks later...

Both are better than Changnesia :D and the Donald Glover jokes referring to his limited role this season were hilarious. I also didn't expect Chevy to show up even as a ghost. Lol