7 posts in this topic

shot_26.jpg

"Game of Thrones" star Natalie Dormer has been cast as Cressida in "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts 1 and 2," this according to Lionsgate. Dormer plays Margaery Tyrell on the popular HBO series, and appears in the upcoming films "Rush" and "The Counselor." She also starred in "Captain America: First Avenger" and "W.E."

For "Hunger Games" fans who are a little rusty on their "Mockingjay" memories, Cressida is a "resident director from the Capitol who joined the rebellion" and catalogs Katniss Everdeen's adventures as a symbol of the resistance. From the "Hunger Games" Wiki: "Cressida is described as a young woman whose head is shaved bald and tattooed with vivid green vines."

Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Elizabeth Banks, Donald Sutherland, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jena Malone and Sam Claflin are all expected to star in "Mockingjay." Francis Lawrence (no relation to Jennifer) will direct the final two films, from scripts by Danny Strong ("Lee Daniels' The Butler"). Here's the Lionsgate plot summary of "Mockingjay Parts 1 and 2":

THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2 make up the third and fourth installments of heroine Katniss Everdeen?s (Jennifer Lawrence) journey as she leads the districts of Panem in a rebellion against the tyrannical and corrupt Capitol. As the war that will determine the fate of Panem escalates, Katniss must decipher for herself who she can trust and what needs to be done, with everything she cares for in the balance.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/22/natalie-dormer-hunger-games-mockingjay_n_3799163.html?utm_hp_ref=tv&ir=TV

Cressida is described as a young woman whose head is shaved bald and tattooed with vivid green vines.

She'll have to cut off all that beautiful hair.

She'll have to cut off all that beautiful hair.

1390313742.jpg

Natalie Dormer took the time to explain to Entertainment Weekly why she shaved half of her head for the role of Cressida:

It's been hidden for three months. It happened back in October. I was, you know, waiting for the right moment... Francis Lawrence, the director of 'Mockingjay,' and I discussed it and I took the job on the premise that I would possibly shave my whole head. I'm actually really pleased that we went halfway because I think it's more the Capitol? and that's where Cressida comes from. She comes from the Capitol, so she's got a stylized thing going on and now she's turned rebel. I think it's right for the character.

Src

9xf2.jpg

I thought there was enough backlash on this part 1, part 2 crap that they decided not to? Guess that was wishful thinking, because there's not nearly enough material in Mockingjay to make two movies, and with the slow pace, hardly enough for a full movie itself.

PvdbFU1.jpg