Dunkin' Donuts Worker Beaten, Pistol-Whipped Over Botched Vanilla Coffe

Source: the smoking gun

dunkindonutcouple1.jpg

A Dunkin? Donuts worker was beaten and pistol-whipped Tuesday by a Florida couple enraged over a botched coffee order, police report.

The 1 PM melee at the Lauderhill eatery resulted in the arrest of Jeffrey Wright, 27, for aggravated battery, a felony. Alexis Longo, Wright?s 22-year-old wife, was charged with misdemeanor battery.

According to a Lauderhill Police Department report, the couple placed a drive-thru order that they later discovered contained the wrong coffee. Longo wanted her java with vanilla. Instead she got caramel.

So the pair parked their vehicle and went inside the restaurant to speak with a manager. Before that could occur, the pair got into an argument with the worker who had handled their order. Matters quickly escalated and Wright and Longo allegedly began assaulting the employee.

During the brawl, Wright, a security guard, repeatedly struck the victim in the head with a loaded Taurus Slim 9mm handgun (which he is licensed to carry). Store surveillance video shows Wright pummeling the worker while Longo gets in a few blows.

Seen in the above mug shots, Wright and Longo are both locked up at the Broward County jail. Wright is being held in lieu of $20,000 bond, while Longo?s bond has been set at $1000.

Question: why the heck is she being treated differently? she is being charged with assault too right?

First of all, the employee had no right to argue with them. They wanted to speak to the manager and not her. However, that doesn't give them the right to beat her. My last point....what a pair of winners. 

Well, stop messing up peoples orders, we're the entitled and we deserve what we ask for.

(Edit: Some people may not realise this is a joke. It's a joke. Disclaimer: Joke.)

this proves my point that, people have no interpersonal skills. being in customer service, that employee had a responsibility to be customer friendly. the customer/couple had a responsibility to control and conduct themselves accordingly. I have the strong feelings that people like to have altercations like this so as to seem "assertive" and not as a punk.

but what people fail to realize is that, actions have consequences. People in America, not all have serious issues with personal conduct and responsibility 

So far I have seen 2 articles on Neowin tonight which both started with a black American committing a crime, and they are the ones who blamed Zimmerman for being racist.

Those people specifically? Or black people?

Why are you even mentioning Black people? A White girl committed this crime as well. Race has nothing to do with it, it wasn't a racial crime. It was a coffee crime lol.

First of all, the employee had no right to argue with them. They wanted to speak to the manager and not her. However, that doesn't give them the right to beat her. My last point....what a pair of winners. 

What part of    ( So the pair parked their vehicle and went inside the restaurant to speak with a manager. Before that could occur, the pair got into an argument with the worker who had handled their order. Matters quickly escalated )   

Did you not  understand  they saw the employee  and befor anyone had a chance to get the manager they  started  fighting  with the employee  or yelling at them the employee did notthing wrong   and  those 2 had no right to beat the employee   and threaten him over a damn Coffee

The employee had EVERY right to argue with them.

Whether it was a good idea or not is a different question.

You people need to learn what a "right" is..

So there is no defending these two, i dont understand the people above who have the "customer is always right/you shouldn't argue mentality" obviously this is not a normal scenario, if the couple are ######ed up enough to beat up an employee with a gun, then they are obviously not civilized. 

It is correct you shouldn't argue with customers but it doesn't make this scenario any better for the accused if the employee did.

That being said, some people need a beating but wiping out your gun is not ok.

During the brawl, Wright, a security guard, repeatedly struck the victim in the head with a loaded Taurus Slim 9mm handgun (which he is licensed to carry).

Not for much longer, on either part...

Store surveillance video shows Wright pummeling the worker while Longo gets in a few blows.

Seen in the above mug shots, Wright and Longo are both locked up at the Broward County jail. Wright is being held in lieu of $20,000 bond, while Longo?s bond has been set at $1000.

Question: why the heck is she being treated differently? she is being charged with assault too right?

To answer your question. He struck the employee with a loaded weapon, she used her fists. One is considerably more serious than the other, so gets a higher bond.

Not for much longer, on either part...

To answer your question. He struck the employee with a loaded weapon, she used her fists. One is considerably more serious than the other, so gets a higher bond.

good point, but I'd think the severity of the situation, a gun involved, they were married and involved in the same incident.. but I'm no legal expert either

Those people specifically? Or black people?

Why are you even mentioning Black people? A White girl committed this crime as well. Race has nothing to do with it, it wasn't a racial crime. It was a coffee crime lol.

I'm just stating the facts. George Zimmerman wasn't a racial crime.