ballmer stevo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#16 stevan

stevan

Neowinian Senior

• 3,997 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 17:53

Multi-billion? No.  Multi-million? Yes.  Please explain where you made the clarification in your original post?

Last time I checked, microsoft was a multi-billion dollar company.  Think we misunderstood ourselves here.

They are the 3rd player in the mobile market.  The Surface (from what I have both read and seen in use) has taken of pretty well here - and certainly they are a player.

Surface is a failure.  How many 3rd party manufacturers stopped making tables based on Windows RT?  And did you forget about the write down on the Surface?  FAIL!

And there you show your colours.  These "fiasco's" were created by the clueless fanboys you seem so willing to cite.  Well done.

So what's the reason Microsoft did so many U-Turns with the xbox one?  It's because the amount of people that complained greatly exceeds the amount of fanboys.

Of course it did.  Wow, you know VERY little of the stock market don't you.  They are a publicly floated company.  Therein leis the problem of voices from the uninformed such as yourself - it makes a huge difference whether it is right or wrong.  Perception plays a part when it really should not.

I know a lot about stock market.  And the market reacted positively to the news of a CEO that is retiring, as it did with so many other companies.  Do some research please.

MS are in the strongest position they have been in for about a decade.  A great portfolio with some emerging opportunities.  Some awesome figures to back that up.

Nice try but if all your are going to base your argument on is perception, then you already lost.  Feel free to show me how their profits are on the fall... Oh wait, you can't.

They aren't in the strongest position, they wanted to be but their CEO failed to get them there.  So now it's out with him and in with someone who can turn this company for the better.

And I never made an argument that Microsoft is a failing company.  On the contrary they are still fairly strong at what they do but just not where they could/should be.  Balmer didn't exactly fail at his job but he also didn't excel.  And so it's time to replace him with someone else.  It's just business people, no reason to get all worked up about it.

#17 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 33,589 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 17:56

Win 8 is selling exactly as well as Win 7 did in the same timeframe.

#18 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• 3,555 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 18:04

Seems some people keep working under the assumption that all Microsoft makes is an operating system and tablets.

#19 stevan

stevan

Neowinian Senior

• 3,997 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 18:10

Win 8 is selling exactly as well as Win 7 did in the same timeframe.

Pretty much.  Now what's the price difference in Windows 8 vs Windows 7 when it was released?  

And where is the growth?

#20 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 33,589 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 18:18

And where is the growth?

The growth is within the other sectors as it stands.

The growth is that they have adopted the price difference (at launch, not any more)

#21 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 7,820 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 24 August 2013 - 18:43

Windows 8 is not selling fine. Ballmer had predicted last year they'd sell 350-400 million licenses in the first year. Right now it's not even on pace to sell 50% of that. That's ignoring the other issues of Windows 8(bifurcated UI, ugly flat tiles, garish color choices, confusing lack of visual cues and lack of good tablet apps).

Bifurcated UI! Nice parroting skills.

#22 Barney T.

Barney T.

Debian Linux: I'm Loving It!

• 14,603 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 19:07

Another Win 8 trollish topic. Time to cease this one before lots of warns are handed out....

Thread closed

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!