Split network and media streaming

I have a split network where in the living room, I have a couple of HDHomeRun (TV to Ethernet) boxes, a WMC box (Windows 8), Roku and XBOX 360.

Those are connected to my office where I have a server, my workstation, VoIP box and the Internet connection with a 802.11AC router.

There are about 6 other devices on WiFi.

I have the two networks connected by a powerline connector, which is currently topping out at about 137Mbs. It's been skipping when streaming to the Workstation or my Nook.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to increase the speed between the two networks. I've tried multiple outlets, 137Mbs is as high as it's going.

Should I be looking at a WiFi bridge? Should I set up a direct WiFi network to the HDHR's? Any other options I'm missing?

(Wired Ethernet between the two networks is not an option, due to the home layout.)

Thanks.

That 137Mbps is from a 500Mbps HPNA device or what?

It's a netgear AV500.

I think the AV means avoiding 500Mbps.

Ok well that was what I was gonna suggest but seems you are already up there in speeds.

WDS might be an option depending on how far things are from each other but (normally) HPNA is always the best when direct cabling is not an option.

Ok well that was what I was gonna suggest but seems you are already up there in speeds.

WDS might be an option depending on how far things are from each other but (normally) HPNA is always the best when direct cabling is not an option.

I was afraid you would say that, still can't convince my wife to let me run cables. What about multiple bridges? 1 WiFi, 1 AV500?

Wireless bridges are only going to SLOW things down.. Your repeating a signal over wireless you get /2 automatically!!

137Mbps is more than enough to stream HD.. So you got something else going on.. You sure that what your seeing wireless speeds?

There is nothing else saturating that network while your trying to stream your video?

Wireless bridges are only going to SLOW things down.. Your repeating a signal over wireless you get /2 automatically!!

137Mbps is more than enough to stream HD.. So you got something else going on.. You sure that what your seeing wireless speeds?

There is nothing else saturating that network while your trying to stream your video?

I'm betting it's the Roku and/or XBOX, since they're accessing the Internet via the wired network  I'm going to try switching them to WiFi and see if that gives me more bandwidth.

Moving the Roku and XBOX to Wi-Fi seems to have freed up enough bandwidth for stutter free TV streaming in the office while the kids use Netflix in the living room.