windows xp

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 60,886 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 14:22

The old Movie maker in that video :( God rest the timeline ...just goes to show new software is being more and more designed for morons.

^ Sadly, the morons are breeding the most. :p

#17 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Way past cool.

• 9,345 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 26 August 2013 - 14:24

The old Movie maker in that video :( God rest the timeline ...just goes to show new software is being more and more designed for morons.

New software is being designed so it's not overly complicated, as no software should be. Complexity isn't good for anyone.

#18 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 24,762 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 14:26

New software is being designed so it's not overly complicated, as no software should be. Complexity isn't good for anyone.

So would you say the new movie maker is better than the old one with the time line?

#19 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• 3,581 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 14:27

So would you say the new movie maker is better than the old one with the time line?

Meh it's just for home users to fart around with home movies anyway, they're both crap for anything remotely serious.. if you needed a proper video editor neither version would be the first pick regardless. And if you reeeeealy want it that bad you can get the XP version running on 7 or 8 in seconds, like so..
7dpe.png

#20 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Way past cool.

• 9,345 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 26 August 2013 - 14:29

There is a timeline-esque feature already in the 2013 version.

#21 martin88

martin88

Neowinian

• 17 posts
  • Phone: Windows Phone 8

Posted 26 August 2013 - 14:33

I wish XP never existed or that I skipped it and bought a new Windows Vista computer. I started using it well into its shelf life - in late 2004 or early 2005. I have fonder memories of Windows 98 tbh. The best thing of XP is that it is NT-based, yet some things are somewhat similar to Windows 98 (e.g. the overall look, some programs like the Address Book and the NotePad are almost the same like the ones in 98). Apart from that I prefer Vista. XP's Luna looked obsolete and tacky from day one, compared to Linux and Mac OS X. Longhorn is what should've been launced in 2001-2004 instead and Windows 8 should've been launched in 2009-2011. However, it seems that from a while MS are quite slow with their releases. :)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!