50 replies to this topic

#46 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 26 August 2013 - 00:59

correct. the verge confirms both consoles use it

http://www.theverge....n-game-consoles

With all this back and forth I'm not taking anyones word on who has it and who doesn't.  Without a lot more info it's just marketing.

#47 vcfan

vcfan

Straight Ballin'

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:08

With all this back and forth I'm not taking anyones word on who has it and who doesn't.  Without a lot more info it's just marketing.

right,could be a bunch of bs. i shouldnt have said the verge confirms, rather, the verge says.

there are little details known in the grand scheme of things. we may never know the real actual specs and customizations,and how they work. let the games speak for themselves,its only a few more months.

#48 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:16

This back and forth further illustrates how tough it is to really discuss the hardware in great detail.

The reason its so easy to bring up the 40% gpu number is because we know the specific info for both gpus.  Talking about the different ram systems, or the specific features of the cpus is much less about facts and more about assumptions or opinions.  That's where you get into 'waste of time' territory. 

Neither Sony or MS seem eager to break down every little feature in order for us to talk about this stuff with great detail.  Even if we knew every little feature, there is still the reality of execution.

I'll remind everyone that this gen brought us the PS3 and 360, two consoles that had some similarities, but also debated differences.  The PS3 was considered to have the more power cpu and the 360 had the more powerful gpu.  There was also a question about how each console handled ram.  Even with the more power gpu of the 360, there have been exclusive PS3 games that many would say 'look better' than any 360 game. 

The moral of the story is that you shouldn't worry too much about all of these fine details.  You should look to the final content/features produced and buy one or both consoles based on that.

#49 Houtei

Houtei

Neowinian

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:48

Well they are not eager on telling us more details because there is a NDA that's in affect till end of September.

#50 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:56

Blanket statement made on TFLOPs, not as newsworthy as one of us guys making the same remark.

The proof is in the pudding and I haven't seen any pudding which is worth my while on the PS4. The only game so-far which looks pretty is Killzone, but no thanks to 15-20fps drops.

#51 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 28 August 2013 - 21:59

Looking at MS's SoC MS's stuff does support hUMA it seems, it also has quad channel ddr 3, cus its 4x 2GB ram units and 4 x 8MB eSRAM units each using 256 bit memory bus at max 204GB/sec = 816GB/sec max, min is 109GB/sec = 436GB/sec for feeding the GPU, if the x1 can keep its GPU constantly fed itll power along, if the ps4 cant keep its GPU fed its performance will suffer