Question about a ding on a monitor

Inherited a bunch of LCD monitors from an upgrade job, it was basically take them or they go on the scrap pile. Decent units, nothing fancy. One of them though is rather nice, but it has a small dent/chip on the display itself, not the LCD part but the plastic cover in front of it if you get me, not sure of the technical term. Nothing major, it's really small, but I have a severe case of OCD when it comes to monitors and I know I'll focus on it 100% if I were using the thing.

I suspect it's a no/can't be done, but anyone have any practical experience on repairing that, or is it just not worth the hassle? It was free, not that worried about it, but before I toss it into the pile of "just keeping it for testing" junk was curious if it's fixable or not. I've fixed plenty of monitors in the past, typically power supplies and such, but nothing along these lines.

It's called the bezel and if you want, you should be able to take it off without a lot of issue and either replace it or repair/respray it. Just be aware that any spaying onto plastic will need a good primer suited for plastic.

Check ebay for plastic filer if it's missing a chuck out of it.

It's called the bezel and if you want, you should be able to take it off without a lot of issue and either replace it or repair/respray it. Just be aware that any spaying onto plastic will need a good primer suited for plastic. Check ebay for plastic filer if it's missing a chuck out of it.

Thanks, but I probably didn't explain it well enough, but it's not the bezel around the display, it's the plastic (or whatever it's made of) bit that covers the LCD panel itself, the part you're looking through. The chassis/bezel parts I'm not picky about, it could be dented to hell and painted neon green for all I care, it's the actual viewing area that I'm concerned about.

Max Norris, on 25 Aug 2013 - 19:31, said:

Thanks, but I probably didn't explain it well enough, but it's not the bezel around the display, it's the plastic (or whatever it's made of) bit that covers the LCD panel itself, the part you're looking through. The chassis/bezel parts I'm not picky about, it could be dented to hell and painted neon green for all I care, it's the actual viewing area that I'm concerned about.

My mistake, what is the model / brand of monitor?