• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 James Rose

James Rose

Software Developer

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 25 August 2013 - 20:48

Hello gang,

I am attempting to make my first submission to the Windows Store, but the "Store" menu (on the Project menu) is not visible.  I checked Tools -> Customize and the option is available but Reset or adding the command to any other menu does not make it visible anywhere. 

That said, this is a Windows Phone app, not a Windows Store app.... so there is a real concern that I am screwing this up on multiple levels.

After you're done laughing, let me know what dumb@$$ thing am I doing.

EDIT: I opened one of my Windows Store apps and the menu is available, so what is the process of submitting a phone app?

Thanks.

#2 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

Posted 25 August 2013 - 21:02

So, for Windows Phone applications there's no in-VS store association that needs to be done. You just need to build a release package (Any CPU profile), and then head on over to http://dev.windowsphone.com , then click on publish or dashboard in the main navigation area to start submitting your application!(You'll upload your release build at some point there)

#3 OP James Rose

James Rose

Software Developer

Posted 25 August 2013 - 22:14

Thanks Johnny,  I'll check it out.

EDIT:  You were right, the submission is web based as opposed to "Windows Store" apps.  Thank you again.

It was relatively painless to submit the app.

#4 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:36

So, for Windows Phone applications there's no in-VS store association that needs to be done. You just need to build a release package (Any CPU profile), and then head on over to http://dev.windowsphone.com , then click on publish or dashboard in the main navigation area to start submitting your application!(You'll upload your release build at some point there)

Is Any CPU a requirement for the app store? I'm just curious.

#5 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:39

I guess if they put out x86 and ARM based phones, you'd want that since .NET would just rebuild it's MSIL code for that CPU

#6 OP James Rose

James Rose

Software Developer

Posted 26 August 2013 - 13:55

I do not believe so, you can set your project to ARM or x86, but why would you want to?  (not sarcastic, really want to know)

#7 OP James Rose

James Rose

Software Developer

Posted 26 August 2013 - 13:58

As of this morning, about 15 hours after submission the process is; "Status: Processing certification".  I will update here how long it takes to run though for me.  This is a very simple app that reads an XML file and when the user makes a selection audio plays.  So the process may be quicker for this app than others. 

#8 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 26 August 2013 - 14:05

I do not believe so, you can set your project to ARM or x86, but why would you want to?  (not sarcastic, really want to know)

Referencing a library that's not Any CPU or an unmanaged library.

#9 OP James Rose

James Rose

Software Developer

Posted 26 August 2013 - 14:16

Referencing a library that's not Any CPU or an unmanaged library.

ah.  Understood.