Is it possible to tailor all that operations to using nv-U-Boot? So that the chromebook booted right away without need to press Ctrl-D etc.?
Jump to content
Posted 14 February 2014 - 15:34
Your work is much appreciated. I write this posting from my new Debian Jesse install on my Samsung ARM Chromebook.
A few things could be filled into your procedure:
- Before doing step 2.3, you didn't mention how to get the Chromebook connected to one's wifi network. Here's how I did that (well, I'm pretty sure these were the minimal steps that succeeded):
- ifconfig mlan0 down
- ifconfig mlan0 essid MySSIDsNameHere key s:MyWifiPasswordHere
- ifconfig mlan0 up
- (wait about 15 seconds for the wifi authentication to work)
- dhclient mlan0
- (wait a few seconds for a DHCP lease to be assigned)
- ifconfig mlan0
- (you should now see a valid DHCP-assigned IP address for "inet addr" on the second line)
FWIW I also had to use wpa_supplicant here at some point.
Also, to OP: I'm getting a weird issue where I can't activate swap space, like at all. When I try to swapon the one we made during the partitioning via (using gparted to swapon) I get:
swapon: /dev/mmcblk0p1: found swap signature: version 1, page-size 4, same byte order
swapon: /dev/mmcblk0p1: pagesize = 4096
swapsize = 2251292672, devsize = 2251293184
swapon: /dev/mmcblk0p1: swapon failed: invalid argument
Thinking I may have set something up wrong in the partitioning I took a flash drive and formatted it as swap space, plugged it in, and got the same error except with different numbers in line three.
Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:05
Hey Karl (or anybody else),
Could you please upload a image of the environment setup in the first post?
I've been spending so much time trying to get Mali drivers for OpenGL working in a Ubuntu/Debian environment for my ARM chromebook but everywhere is either out of date or has broken links.
Karl/xorangekiller is the only one who seems to have a good setup.
Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:16
Your a linux god lol
After reading your reply first and then the rest of the posts, I'm totally flabbergasted!
So much so that my eyes are all messed up like this emoticon!
I couldn't fathom all that stuff!!