Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cork1958

Purple Power degreaser

4 posts in this topic

You folks have been very helpful before with some WAY off topic topics of mine, so here's another one! :)

 

 

My mechanic recommended Purple Power degreaser to get grease off engine in 1966 Plymouth Satellite. Bought some and have tested it on a couple oil spots in driveway and seems to do pretty darn good.

 

My question is, will it harm any rubber (will be spraying heavily around spark plugs) or plastic or wires, if it comes in contact with them, or anything else that it might hit when I soak it down? Bottle at least says not to let it come in contact with painted surfaces!

 

The Purple Power website says to let soak 45 minutes and just spray off, but bottle says to not let stuff dry. How do you NOT let it dry, if it sets for 45 minutes?

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will tarnish metal if you let it sit for too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that link jigz. Hadn't seen that site yet. Appears to be safe even if there was only 1 post in that link you provided that says anything about engines.

 

Knew this was a great place to ask an off the wall question like this. Haven't heard back from the company after 2 full days yet and haven't even gotten a reply on the mopar chat forums as of yet either!

 

Thank you also necroxd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.