Steve Ballmer

Not really.

As I mentioned before, most consumers upgrade due to need, not want of a new OS.  So, if they must upgrade, and Windows 8 is their choice, and they hate it...OS X is the logical answer.

If they don't choose OS X (and sales make that clear), then the answer must logically fall upon the lack of need to upgrade (vs. Windows 8 being the cause).

Last time I checked the sales of Mac's weren't crashing to the earth like the rest of the industry and first time adopters are at an all time high when compared to repeat purchases - so obviously someone is buying them even if it undermines your much cherished anti-Apple position.

Last time I checked the sales of Mac's weren't crashing to the earth like the rest of the industry and first time adopters are at an all time high when compared to repeat purchases - so obviously someone is buying them even if it undermines your much cherished anti-Apple position.

I don't think any PC sales are crashing to Earth. The year over year "growth" has, if you want to call it a crash.

• Like 2

When you don't have a lot of marketshare to begin with, and your main meat has been tablets and smartphones for years...yeah, you tend to weather out changes like a decline in PCs.  There has been no growth in Apple's laptop or desktop sales.  In fact, there is expected to be a decline.

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/08/19/mac-sales-remain-flat-in-july-5-year-over-year-drop-expected-for-september-quarter/.

Don't be one of those guys who plays the fanboy card and turns a sane discussion into something stupid.  I am just conversing here.  Nowhere have I shown bias towards or against Apple.

But if you insist, call it a much-cherished position against Apple. It will just show your ignorance.

Snapshot.jpg

Edited by adrynalyne