Hey guys, next year me and a few mates are doing a US road trip Starting in New York, ending in Los Angeles. We have booked a car already for 3 week period. All 3 of us can drive and are from the the UK but we are now planning fine details.
This is what we have planned so far:
- Arrive in New York and get car
- 2-3 Full days in NY
- Travel to Houston, Texas (via Pennsylvania, Virginia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana) - No stops we can *really* think of on this leg other than Tennessee for Jack Daniels... Which should be a good stop for a night a few drinks.
- Spend 4-5 Days with my family there
- Travel To Las Vegas (via Dallas, Roswell and Phoenix) We want to catch a "football" game or similar in Dallas or Phoenix we think.
- *Between these two we want to visit the Grand Canyon but not sure if we should do it en route or spend an extra day in Vegas and spend one visiting?*
- Spend 2 nights in Vegas... Erm... Yeah, What happens in Vegas stays in vegas
- Travel to San Francisco
- Spend a few days traveling down from San Francisco to Los Angeles before we fly home to the UK
Any Ideas/suggestions/improvements on what we have planned? Obviously the stops we are doing 100% are new york, Houston, Grand Canyon, Vegas and San fran/los Angeles.
Thanks in advance