Photo

Switzerland experimenting with drive-in 'sex boxes'

zurich public nuisance publicly funded facilities permit and taxes illegal trafficking

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

• 5,086 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 13:22

Selling their body for cash...not worth protecting. Let them rot

Such a backwards statement......considering you need to learn any job you do, and things you have learned are stored in the brain, you could argue that everyone who has a job is selling their body (or at least a part of it) for cash.

That being said, why are they not worth protecting? Just because their sell their body for cash? What makes that wrong and not worth protecting? They are doing a job and providing a service to any person who needs such service, no reason to not protect them.

#17 webeagle12

webeagle12

Neowinian Senior

• 7,170 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 22:17

BRB going to Switzerland

#18 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 00:32

BRB going to Switzerland

Need any company? :p

#19 Lucas

Lucas

Neowinian

• 1,251 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 00:45

It's understandable that people feel weird at these kind of things and some eve find it outrageous, but you have to understand these type of things will ALWAYS exist, and you can either ignore it or work with it to make it better, it's the only choice, it won't stop just cause some people would love for woman to stop prostituting themselves, some are even enslaved for sex.

#20 webeagle12

webeagle12

Neowinian Senior

• 7,170 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:05

Need any company? :p

Nope, more for myself

#21 statm1

statm1

Neowinian

• 932 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:10

...  and it offers health checks and requires that sex workers be at least 18 years old ...

In Switzerland, anyone who works in the sex trade must be at least 16, the legal age of sexual maturity....

Contradiction or typo?

#22 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,881 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 14:36

Sexbox 360?

and her name is Sony!

there are drive-in motels in Colombia that are similar. you park your car in the garage, which has access to the hotel room and pay by the hour. no one has to know its you!

#23 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 18:59

Nope, more for myself

Darn. Just my luck. 

#24 typu

typu

Neowinian

• 309 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 19:03

better than letting the Girls lingering out in the streets without protection/care whatsoever. harsh weather conditions included.

#25 arachnoid

arachnoid

Call the Opticians

• 2,990 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 19:13

Nope they choose to sell their bodies on the game rather than get what I would class as a normal job, so I have no empathy for their situation

#26 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• 20,245 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 19:21

Most likely to provide a safe , out of camera range place for politicians & appointees to have their flings. /s

Look, I don't give a rip about what they're doing, so "prude" doesn't apply, but I do object to a govt. spending taxpayer monies on projects like this.

Protection for sex workers can be provided in other ways, example being requiring hotels & motels that service hookers to have security personnel. Then the John's pay for it. Social workers could be provided at health care institutions, as they should already be. If there's a serious incident it's likely the sex worker will be transported there anyhow.

I Believe this was actually built after a public vote. 

and I'm pretty sure the politicans have regular girlfriends for their flings, not "street" hookers. 

But then again, I don't think any american is in any position to complain about how the Swizz government spends money anyway...

#27 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• 20,245 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 19:22

Selling their body for cash...not worth protecting. Let them rot

What job do you do ?

because as long as you do ANY kind of work, guess what, you're selling your body. and most likely far cheaper than these girls, are and with far less enjoyment and far higher risk of short or long term damage to your body. 

#28 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• 20,245 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 19:23

Contradiction or typo?

possibly a difference between being a sex worker and working in the sex trade. 

#29 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 14,320 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 20:39

Nope they choose to sell their bodies on the game rather than get what I would class as a normal job, so I have no empathy for their situation

Unlike the US, it's a perfectly legal profession in Switzerland and even carries income tax, which is what pays for these facilities.

They're entitled to all the same protections as any other worker.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!