7 posts in this topic

Posted

I remember hearing a lot about Rainbow 6 Patriots back in 2012 but nothing since then. Did Ubisoft put this game on the back burner in favor of The Division & Watch Dogs?

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/patriots/en-US/

Posted

I think alot of bad publicity came about because the game pushed the idea that people who are gun lovers, lovers of freedom, constitutionalists and such are, the enemy in the game. I haven't heard anything about it as of a couple years ago. Did it ship? maybe.. I don't know.

Posted

Well I found this article over at IGN, written a few days ago, discussing what has happened to R6 Patriots. It looks like they went back to the drawing board

Ubisoft has provided another brief update on Rainbow 6: Patriots. In an interview at Gamescom, Ubisoft executive director Alain Corre said that work is still underway on the game, but that the team wants to get it "perfect" before it's re-revealed.

Posted

I hope whatever they do with it, they bring back some more tactical elements. Really saddened me to see the Rainbow Six series turned into yet another run-of-the-mill shooter. They lost the plot with Ghost Recon for that matter as well.

From what I've seen of Ubisoft's other next-gen titles (which look pretty unique) I am a little bit hopeful that they have something new planned for Rainbow Six now too.

Posted

We will hear more about it after Watch Dogs is out the gate. Strange that its gone so quiet, tho.

Posted

I think they showed it way too early and from the reaction realised they might be going in the wrong direction or retooling it for next gen.

I wouldn't expect it till late 2015.

Posted

While this game was looking decent I am glad The Division & Watch_Dogs were prioritized, maybe its a good thing it comes later in the console lifespan, learn techniques from other releases & make it awesome! Going back and playing Vegas 1&2 is nostalgic but painful gameplay mechanics compared to recent games.